Top Shelf Aquatics

8 Month Update...

johnrbek

Haven't been here in awhile, but I took some 8 month update shots of my Nano... Thought you guys would be interested...

Here's the vital stats:

7G Mini Bow... 150 HQI Radium... Zero filtration... Semi (sorta) deep live sand bed... Single Percula... A few snail and reef hermits... Plenty of sweet purple algae... Some acropora, digitata, pocillopora... The pulsing Xenias are kind of a pain in the ass... They grow to quick.

The hard corals have grown noticably.. More encrusting than vertical growth though... They've been really easy to take care of though... I have been too religous about water changes.. Probably 1 a month on avg (2G change).... No chemical or additives added at all... Au natural you could say !!

A few weeks back I did have to put in a bristle worm trap though... Pull out 2 6" beasties... Yech! I hate those things...

Gonna go to an 18G thats designed for my stand at some point...

All in all a fun relatively uneventful ride...

Shoot over any questions, comments, critiques, advice, etc...

1st 7 shots are the 7/03 update... Others are from last November.

Here's the link: http://www.pbase.com/johnrbek/nano_reef

JB

Nice tank. Looks like you're getting some nice colors out of your corals. Are you using a 10K or 20K bulb?

Also, I would suggest that you start checking/adjusting calcium and alkalinity levels. I've seen 2 cases of people who don't dose calc/alk having problems after the 1 year mark. I think as the tank ages, the pH and calc and all that good stuff with start to drop (as detritus builds up and stuff I think).

Archived