Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Newbie planning nano 18 gal Eclipse

Rickenbacker28

Rickenbacker28

hi everyone, I would like to get some input on what i would need to setup an 18 gal. Eclipse tank.

Things I have:

- Hood / with actinic light.

- fluval powerhead

- bio filter/ built into the hood( eclipse )

- heater

What else do I need to get just for a very simple setup. I would really like to start off really simple with 1 clownfish.

Thanks in advance.;)

Are your lights Actinic only? Or do they have a daylight lamp too? If so, your good. Get some Live Rock (substrate optional) and test kits, add saltwater and begin cycling. Get a good book and stay on this forum and you'll have your clownfish within a month.

Rickenbacker28

the eclipse hood only has one light fixture. i have one lifeglo bulb and one actinic. or would i have to use both?

you'll need to put in a pc retrofit kit, 5 watts of light per gallon is good for the begginer, because there's lots of stuff you can keep...but also lots of stuff you can't keep.

you'll also have to buy a hydrometer, in case you didn't know, or you'll have a pretty big problem.

also make sure you remove the biowheel on your filter. it will grow organisms that will compete and cause problems with the organisms on your rock and substrate-they will be your bio filter, not the biowheel.

Archived