inTank Media Baskets

South Florida

NanoJrFL

Anybody know people/stores/retailers/online stores in South Florida. I'm mainly looking for a way to keep shipping costs down when buying coral.

Stores... Drive down Bird Rd.. I don't remember all the names but go to yellowpages.com and check for specifics... Theres one on about 72nd and Bird and few more around 82nd Ave. There's also one of 117th & Sunset and a few further south of US1... I don't shop much up north, but there's probably more up that way too...

People: That's where I might be able to help you... I know a guy up near Movieco off I-75 that has a huge huge tank that's selling coral frags... especially sps frags... Theres also a guy off Miracle Mile & Douglas that sells frags too... He actually was selling xenias to the LFS last year... I've sent emails to them both just now to see if I can put you in contact with them. If your looking for Coral frags, you're better off buying locally from these guys cause #1 Its alot cheaper than the LFS #2 Alot safer for the Corals.. a 45 min trip is better than an overnight one!

Good luck.

JB

LITTLEFISHEE

NanoJrFL: The store I go to is in Boca Raton, Take the sawgrass to 10th, hop on I-95, go north to Palmetto Park rd. On 2nd Ave (Boca Raton Blvd) make a left. It's right past Glades on the west side of the rd in a pink shopping center called Grace's. The stores name is the Barrier Reef. They don't ship, but I think it would be worth the drive, they are a little pricey, but I've bought very healthy corals and other livestock there.

staticx1134

hey, im in springs too...What school u go to?? im at charter... =(

Ya, go check out barrier...also go to aquatic gardens...i also know that a store opened up on wiles between coral springs and coral ridge i beleve, it is right near IC bikes...

Eddie

Eddie, I go to Sawgrass SPrings Middle School, I've been to the new store. Its called Fish Empire. They're awesome. they said they're getting corals soon. They quarantine their fish and everything. I'll probaly go to Barrier Reef, wheres that othe rplace you were talking about, Aquatic gardens

staticx1134

ya i went their when the 1st opened...aquatic is on 441 and southgate in margate it is ok, sum of the guys their are asses, but they have good prices on corals....Def go to barrier also their is another store that is my fav...it is called marine life designs, they sell to most of the lfs... it is on powerline between sw 10th and sample....if you want to know anything else feel free to ask me

=)

staticx1134

yup they sure do...do you know any 1 that has a tank forsale?? i work up this morning to a disaster area with about 20 gallons of water on the floor so i need help!!!

1.) Coral Seas - Off 441 & Commercial

2.) All-Ocean(I think) Pembroke road, just west of I-95

3.) Reef-Life Stirling Road and Anglers Ave

and Barrier...

Coral Seas is the #1 spot, Rob is a great guy and great prices

LITTLEFISHEE

Static: Is/was your tank 20 gallons tall or long? I have a 20 gallon long I bought for 20 bucks at petsupermarket. As long as all of your equipment is okay, get a brand new one. Was this your nano-reef that leaked?

I had a heater malfunction yesterday. The tank got up to 85 before I got home from work. I am concerned for my bubble and hammer corals.

staticx1134

no, the tank was a 39flat back hex....every thing is ok now i started up a 55gal that i gave to my sis for her turtles....i am suprised that i didnt loose any fish...Thanks for your concern

Eddie

Archived