Top Shelf Aquatics

Crakeur's tank is taking shape

Crakeur

T, I have two 150 watt hqi halides (10k, might be replaced with 20K) and one 55 watt powercompact actinic. I'll be replacing the pc soon as the bulb stinks.

on with the photos.

one of my rics. I got a bunch of these from palmettoreefs and a couple broke loose. nice hitchhiker on the next photo.

double hitcher shot. there is a red fan worm that came on one of the ricordia rocks and the bottom of the pic is a large sponge that grew out of the live rock

xenia. Satchmo gave me two frags. one, a three headed colony drifted into the back of the tank and is attached to the glass in the lower left corner, surrounded by rics and other shrooms that broke loose.

the other colony, seen here, broke loose and was lost for a day. I found it in the skimmer, getting churned. It survived the powerhead and it survived the skimmer. It has attached to the rock and is pulsing away. It's in a real strong current area now but the pic came out allright.

god knows. I ordered the lalo from fostersmith and they sent me way more than the 36 pounds I ordered. I put most of it in but tossed one massive rock that weighed at least 15 pounds. nice one too but the tank was full and it was too cloudy to see what I was doing and it stunk.

the rock cycled in a massive stinky three week period and I am starting to see signs of some nice green and orange and purple popping up, along with some sponges and other little oddities.

thanks reef. the lights are a bit too yellow for my taste but they are new and will burn a bit and maybe soften in the yellow tint. I will probably get some more corals (thinking the softie pack from phishybusiness) and some fish in a week or two.

I forgot how crazy I was with spending on the livestock. I waste hours each day checking out a zillion sites looking for stuff

You're off to a really good start. Lots of room for growth in there. I have a large zoo rock I got yesterday that has a half dollar size chunk of zoos kind of barely hanging on. Say the word and I'll pluck them off and send them your way.

Archived