Pod Your Reef

Ellas 24g NC-dx (lots of pics!)

zippykat

Slight update from last week. After seeing my new lights I decided that it was a little too blue for my taste so I change one of the bulbs. So there are now x3-50/50 36w bulbs and x1-actinic 24w. Much better and brighter looking, yet very bright colors!

I also decided to do a very minor change to the aquascaping and moved one rock that the frogspawn was on....and is still on, but now in a different better spot.

I also have a couple new additions to the tank....deresa clam (golden inside with blue lip) and a red & lime green brain coral. The brain is starting to puff up and color in.

th_fulltankshot3-28-08.jpg

th_angledfulltankshot3-28-08.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks good, did you buy the clam from bob?

i was meaning to go out there but they told me they didnt get all there shipment in yet.

yup, got the clam and brain from bob. Other than the 10pk zoa frags from altisreef, I have not found a reason to purchase elsewhere....bob's corals and fish are the best!

looks great!

ill take some more pics of my tank, but my thread is overrun but punks that have nothing to say but bad things about my tank so im going to make a new thread in the all in one area.

im stopping by tomarrow morning by bob and might pick up a clam myself.

i couldnt see the brain coral in any pictures.

i have gotten a orange fungia plate, 2 red mushrooms and a few zoa frags from another LFS i frequent in brookfield called premium aqautics.

John Hopkins

ermmm.....sorry but

is that a cleaner wrasse ?

cleaner wrasse don't normally live for that long in a tank,

because they live of parasites on other fish's skin and in a tank, there just isn't enough parasites to feed them, so he is going to starve to death.

They are a very attractive and beautiful fish, but they are best left in the wild.

My brain is in the bottom rightside of the tank....looks like a big white spot on the pics. (The white balance on my camera doesn't seem to accomodate for it.) When it colors up some more I'll post some new pics.

My brain is in the bottom rightside of the tank....looks like a big white spot on the pics. (The white balance on my camera doesn't seem to accomodate for it.) When it colors up some more I'll post some new pics.

nice, I see it there. I was atbobs today and I Got that little maxima clam he had.

Nice tank.

But you might want to slow down a bit, give your tank some time to mature. You should do a little bit more research before you start buying anymore inhabitants for your tank, like the clam. But good luck only a little constructive criticism. Nothing personal.

nice, I see it there. I was atbobs today and I Got that little maxima clam he had.

cool....I saw that was gone. I also want one of those for my tank. Told my bf I want one for my b-day which is coming up soon. Post your new pics on ur new thread when you have them. :)

Nice tank.

But you might want to slow down a bit, give your tank some time to mature. You should do a little bit more research before you start buying anymore inhabitants for your tank, like the clam. But good luck only a little constructive criticism. Nothing personal.

Thank you for the advice....I take all the information I recieve into concideration. I do alot of research and forum searching on items before I get them and place them in my tank. I am however more partial to the advice of a saltwater veteran, who has fabulous tanks. So, with everything I add I fully believe that it will be healthy and thrive in my tank.

My new goodies!

th_supercoloryellowacro.jpg

th_ric2.jpg

th_ric1.jpg

(don't worry, the acro will do well under my new lights and is placed at the highest point in my tank)

looks great!

i was at bobs again!

lol i swear its a addiction, they had there 30-50% off corals

i got 2 acros. one huge colony in the tank in the other room and then i got this acro with a purple tint, its GLOWS a bright green under the lights, im keeping them all the way on top right by the lights until i do my light mod!

everyone compliments my tank, i really like yours too ella.

let me tell you a guy came and bought that elegance and a bunch of other stuff spent like 300$ crazy.

• 2 weeks later...
lakshwadeep

Very nice tank and corals. Although, I don't know if you read this earlier post.

ermmm.....sorry but

is that a cleaner wrasse ?

cleaner wrasse don't normally live for that long in a tank,

because they live of parasites on other fish's skin and in a tank, there just isn't enough parasites to feed them, so he is going to starve to death.

They are a very attractive and beautiful fish, but they are best left in the wild.

I agree that you should remove the cleaner wrasse and give it to the LFS (it may survive longer in a tank with many large fish to clean). While it may be eating food, there has been little success with cleaners surviving more than a few months in a small tank.

• 1 month later...

Haven't updated in a while, but here is a new full tank shot. I have several new corals that are doing very well. My acro's have shown incredible growth....(I thought they would be slow growers.) My BTA started getting too big for my tank, so I found him a new home. I have had a couple of loses...deresa clam, purple sea rod, and ricordea. I found a new home for 2 of my scarlet hermits...they picked my clam to death and then proceeded to pick at the sea rod till it was damaged beyond repair. Still unsure yet to what happened to the ricordea. (It was fine one day, and shreaded the next....my purple lobster is the suspect.)

FTS5-16-08.jpg

Haven't updated in a while, but here is a new full tank shot. I have several new corals that are doing very well. My acro's have shown incredible growth....(I thought they would be slow growers.) My BTA started getting too big for my tank, so I found him a new home. I have had a couple of loses...deresa clam, purple sea rod, and ricordea. I found a new home for 2 of my scarlet hermits...they picked my clam to death and then proceeded to pick at the sea rod till it was damaged beyond repair. Still unsure yet to what happened to the ricordea. (It was fine one day, and shreaded the next....my purple lobster is the suspect.)

FTS5-16-08.jpg

Wow I say this should be a tank of the month picture

Sure, soon as I decided to update my FTS I went out and bought 2 more corals. My coral/fish supplier was having an awesome sale and I couldnt pass it up. Anywho, I got a leather (mid right) and a brain looking coral (top right). So enjoy! (these are clickable thumbnails)

th_FTS5-20-08.jpg

th_sideshot5-20-08.jpg

th_toprightview5-20-08.jpg

• 1 month later...

Here is a pic of my new coral....a purple and lime green favia.

th_PurpleGreenFavia7-20-08.jpg

Also, here is are a few progression shots of my tank with NEW FTS pics!

th_tankaquascapedfront.jpg

2-10-08

th_tank1monthold.jpg

3-2-08

th_re-aquascaping011.jpg

3-8-08

th_upperangle3-23-08.jpg

3-23-08

th_fulltankshot3-28-08.jpg

3-28-08

th_FTS4-13-08.jpg

4-13-08

th_FTS5-16-08.jpg

5-16-08

th_FTS5-20-08.jpg

5-20-08

th_FTS7-20-08.jpg

7-20-08

th_FTS27-20-08.jpg

7-20-08

Beautiful tank, and awesome growth on the acros.....big difference in 2 months alone....all this under PC lighing!

hey tank looks great!

where are you getting your corals now?

anyword with 4A reopening for the winter?

all is well with my tanks, battleing some red slime in my cube and the 20L is doing great.

also how does your bulb setup go?

im looking to re do mine.

thanks

Yup! :) I have the 132w upgraded pc hood from nanotuners/nanocustoms (i forget which one). I still can't believe how much they have grown too. I thought they were slow growers, but apparently that is not so.

Thank you!!

Archived