Cultivated Reef

show me your 5.5 gal custom hoods!

drdrew

i got the okay to set up my 5.5.

trying to figure on a hood...trying to see if i can fit an aquafuge behind the thing....

will 2X32 fit?

or else i'm thinking maybe go for the 70 w MH?

Right now I just have a little 14 watt NO bulb, i did have two 27 watt spiral bulbs but they were really yellow. I think you could get 2 32 watters in there if you placed them right

walmat. get the like 10 or 15 dollar black plastic hood. a little cutting moving the lap fixture to the center and you can use both ends. get the 19 watt 6500k coiled florecents from home depot and badbing bada boom... you got a high powered pc hood for under 50 bones! :woot: :woot:

thanks....i'm wondering why no one seems to be using the 28 watt PC from hellolights....it seems 2 would be a perfect fit for this size tank....i did a search and can't find 'em on here

the color depends on which bulbs you get. i use both the 6500k and the daylight bulbs. the 6500k is pretty decent white and they are super bright twice as bright as the daylight.

I'll post pics of my new hood tonight (at work now). I set it up with a flip top and 3x bookworms. Total cost for hood, base, and lights $100

thanks..i think i want more light than 3 bookworms...

i'm looking at 2X32 watt supernova, or just 2X32 watt csl...but i can't figure out the difference between the 2.

the only diff between the csl 32w retro and the supernova is the super nova comes with a water risistant rubber end cap and it is a 10k bulb.....the csl unit has the 50/50 bulb in it and is not water proof

Archived