Pod Your Reef

superzoo trade show.

adinsxq

i'm going to the superzoo trade show in a few hours.

wish me luck, there's gotta be a reason why my LFS buddy is forcing me to go with him...

here's the press release:

SUPERZOO DEFINES SHOW ELEMENTS

TO FIT NEEDS OF ATTENDEES AND EXHIBITORS

ARCADIA, CA, March 11, 2003 - World Wide Pet Supply Association consistently searches and researches ways to better serve SuperZoo attendees and exhibitors.

As a result, there are some changes to SuperZoo 2003 at the Anaheim Convention Center, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, July 11, 12 and 13. Show hours have been revised and are set for Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

As an incentive to attendees, SuperZoo offers free registration if done in advance on line at Superzoo.org

VIP Buyer Appointment Hours are set for 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. each day of the trade show. This schedule allows for exhibitors who want to meet a customer at their booth location prior to the show opening.

Once again SuperZoo will offer exhibitors the opportunity to meet privately with distributors on a first come, first serve basis. Because of this program’s outstanding success last year, there are even more distributors participating year. They include Apollo Pet/Pilgrim Pet, Boston’s Pet Supply, Central Pet, Jeffers, Newco, Quality Pet of California, S&S Supplies, Sierra Avian, Tidal Wave Distribution, Trico, United Pacific Pet and Western Pet Wholesalers.

Exhibitors will be able to make appointments via the internet beginning May 1. The exhibitors will be given the date the appointment calendar is available, and their password and link in April.

SuperZoo’s New Product Showcase is the largest west of the Mississippi, and is located at the entrance to the exhibit floor. This exhibit is always one of the most popular exhibits at the show.

Other popular show features will incorporate new elements for enhanced appeal and productivity. The Living Wall’s 6,600 square feet of exhibit space includes displays of live fish, reptiles and small animals.

The Pond and Backyard Showcase, sponsored by Rolf C. Hagen, spotlights the industry’s hottest growth category - ponds and backyard activities.

For further information regarding SuperZoo, please contact WWPSA at (800) 999-7295 or visit www.wwpsa.com.

it WAS.

i snuck my camera in (no camera pass) and got some pictures. when i sort out what i can show and what i probably shouldn't, i'll post again. being at the convention, learning how things work, hearing what the companies have to say about their existing (and unreleased) products, hearing what companies have to say about other products has really changed a lot of my views on some of the behind the scenes aspects of this hobby. note: it had a great time ben, i hope you do too. :)

viaaqua's new skimmer. should be out soon. i really enjoyed talking to the commodity-axis people, the new stuff coming out of viaaqua and helios sound really really good.

this tank was set up by one of the lighting companies (sorry i forget which) to show off their mh/pc setup. it was stocked with a couple thousand dollars worth of sps, clams, and pink ricordea. i wanted to cry (and stuff my pockets).

hamilton lighting's mh pendants and pc retros on the left. those pendants are only 3" high and looked super nice. helios 4 bulb t-5 hood on the right. i saw their (viaaqua) mh prototype that will feature adaptor connectors that will allow you to daisy-chain multiple units. neat neat neat.

ecosystem aquarium's professional series mud 'fuge on the left and consumer line on the right. new reef magazine coming out. very impressed, best one i've seen yet.

sunlight supply's display on the left. the off-set mh reminded me of absolutc's tank :). ORA's had a barracks display with all their CB fishies. they were sooo healthy. :D

CPR had a few of their system's setup refugium style. cool thing was... they weren't piped to larger tanks. acrylic is so clear...wow. good designs. those lights are jbjs

oh there was an article in the los angeles times on the trade show (business section, saturday) but it focused on the dog section. and another note on viaaqua ballasts - all new design on in 2 or 4 months (i don't remember which). note2: i didn't see a 16g bow. i looked.

• 2 years later...

current usa did not exist 2 years ago. customsealife was there showing off their new (it was a new thing back then) 1w LED lights... if that's what you're asking.

LOL...it's funny when someone actualy uses the search button and brings up a old post from the dead...totaly messes up people...LOL..

on a side note I wish it was next weekend (2005 show) and not this weekend since I will be in Vegas next weekend...oh well..

• 10 years later...

Archived