Innovative Marine Aquariums

Here's a pic of my tank so far

MrNoahCount

MrNoahCount

Well I finally made a picture of my tank and thought I'd post it so all you helpful people could see what I've managed with your advice. Hope the picture shows up ok on the board.

Thanks for all the help folks,

Michael

Congrats!

Give us some specs about your tank. What size is it? Tell us about the sump, what are you using for water movement, filtration, what's it stocked with, etc. etc.

MrNoahCount

The tank is a 29 G with a 10 G sump. I have a Lifereef overflow box and a Rio 2500 for the return pump. Both are plumbed in with PVC pipe. The main tank has right at 29 lbs. of LR and crushed coral substrate. Water circulation is provided by two Hagen 301 powerheads and of course the water return. Lighting is a Coralife Aqua lights 30'' hood with 2 X 65watt 50/50 bulbs.

The sump has Arag Alive! sand in it. I bought it at the LFS I have no idea how good it is compared to "real" live sand. I didn't learn about LS until after I'd started hence the CC substrate in the main tank. The heater and an HOB power filter are also located in the sump. At present the HOB filter has no fiber/carbon cartridges in it and is being used for water circulation. Still not sure whether to use them or not.

The livestock roster so far is this...

2 peppermint shrimp

1 turbo Snail

2 margarita snails

8 blue leg hermits

3 red leg hermits

Also a tiny white crab looking creature about the size of a small spider who hitchhiked in on a piece of LR. Haven't seen him but once though.

Future plans include a protein skimmer and a "moonlight"

The fish I have been considering are percula clown, firefish, royal gramma. I need suggestions on others that won't get too big for the tank. Corals are in the future although I think I'll only be able to keep softies with this lighting.

Regards,

Michael

Archived