Innovative Marine Aquariums

Question for 20 High Owners (24x12x16)

horsehunter

horsehunter

Do you ever wish you had an extra 4 inches of depth? I orrigionally had planned a 25 gallon 24x12x20 but am wondering if it is too high it wll be sitting on a 2 drawer file cabinet 28 inches high. It will be beside a sofa and I am wondering if I will be looking up into the lights. I may be better going to a 20 to lessen the hight. Lights ar on order and will be 2x 65w PC and probably 1 20w NO.

Can I just move the stuff from my 10 or will I have another cycle I will add some more curred live rock slowly.

Thanks Frank

Nope, but I wish I had gotten a 29g (30x12x18 ) instead of a 20H X)

Of course at first I was going to do only a 10g :P, but that changed when my light order got messed up.

How high do you sit in the sofa?

I think it should be fine depending on how high the lights sit above the tank. My lights are only a inch over the water, so I don't really see much light when sitting low.

I also wish I had gotten a 29g (or bigger!) Vertical room isn't as important as length or width. And if you're using PC's, the light won't penetrate to the bottom well.

horsehunter

Thanks for your thoughts. This tank will be in my den/ office.I had a 20H fresh water in this spot previously and it is the tank I watch the most, often lying down, My orrigional thought was it gave me the volume of a 20H above a 4 inch sandbed. I guess if I had to I could have a lower stand built somewhere.

Frank

Lunch, thank God someone besides me LOVES their twenty high. Its got enough height to do some aquascaping but not see deep that you a need the friggin sun to light it. A lot of options. 20L are real nice too, all in all I think 20gal is a nice size nano.

If you want similar dimensions but more volume, get an Oceanic 37-show. I have mine, but haven't got it setup yet. I just love the dimensions though (24½ x 18½ x 21 ½).

Archived