Top Shelf Aquatics

I love Aquatics Warehouse! Pics of my visit inside!

Acoustic

That second tank is beautiful Acoustic. And a great photograph from a talented photographer. Can you tell me the specs and inhabitants of it? I wanna rip it off.:

I don't really know.

I think the cube is approximately 250 gallons. It is lit by 3 metal halide bulbs and 3 50watt acintic pc bulbs.

I think the second tank is approximately 29 gallons. I don't know the lighting.

NaNO ReeFiN
Originally posted by supernip

That second tank is beautiful Acoustic. And a great photograph from a talented photographer. Can you tell me the specs and inhabitants of it? I wanna rip it off.:

That tank is a 29 gallon and it's runned by a "Realux" 2x55 watt retrofit kit. It's mainly a polyp and mushroom tank and has been established for over 6 years. It inhibits 2 clownfishes and another fish of somekind that's always usually hiding in the rock work. They were using a prizm skimmer on that tank but upgraded to a different hang on back skimmer (I have no idea what kind it is.. but it's usually not running anyways..) There's a an HOB filter and I believe two powerheads (Power Sweep and a Rio) in there for circulation. No sump or fuge on this tank either.

NaNO ReeFiN
Originally posted by Acoustic

Sometimes I get that too. When I was there taking pictures I asked a guy to help bag me a shrimp and a crab. I told him that it was for hair algae control. The guy insisted that I buy a black urchin. I said no. He kept pushing. I said " That's great and all but I love my coraline algae. " The guy was stunned that I knew all about urchins even though I didn't have one. (Courtesy of NanoReef.com) He then bagged my stuff and stopped talking.

Can you describe the guy to me..? I wanna know if it's one of the new guys working there..

I have never met or seen the guy before. He probably was a zealous new guy. You know how new guys can get trying to impress the boss and all. He did provide good customer service and he was right that urchins eat hair algae. So if your the boss of Aquatics Warehouse Nano Reefin go easy on the guy. I don't know about GIlman's experience. You should probably ask him. I got no beef.

I love livin in san diego..good women, weather, carne asada(you san diegans know what that is)...and oh yea Aquatic warehouse.

anyone know the address to aquatic warehouse? I am south orange county and do frequent travel to San Diego. Can someone provide me with the address to that store?

Hi,

I go to Aquatic Warehouse all the time. GREAT displays, pretty hectic in there a lot though.

My question: Has anyone bought any of the live rock from them? I recall them having Tonga for about $5/lb, and it didn't look that great. That was a while ago. I am starting a nano-reef and of course it would be much easier for me to drive the 10 minutes to get it than pay $75 shipping.

Thanks!

Ive never bought LR from them. I go to Octopuss garden for LR. Ron gets in a really nice selection, though now isnt a good time for selection since its summer. You can call them and ask if he will be picking up any this Friday. (858) 576-7449

That is the one thing we are screwed for in San Diego. I have looked EVERYWHERE for good rock. Everyone around here sells the dead found it on the floor rock and they slap a TONGA on it to charge 5 bucks a pound.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Gerard the fish

Ok first things first Aquatic Warehouse is cool. But if you not a reefer with a couple of months under your belt they will ream your ass! Also they argue with you over everything and every person in there gives you a differnet answer! They are the used car salesman of the fish industry... best to enter the store knowing what your gonna buy first!

thanks

- g

Archived