Cultivated Reef

HELP... Feather Duster Trouble

Crimper

Please Help

I just checked out my tank now, and noticed that my feather duster is completly out of its tube and laying on the substrate....

It appears to still be moving and stuff, i dont know what happened...

Please if any of you know why this would happen or what i can do about it... Please help!

Here is a pic

EdgeKrusher

Crimper,

It's ok. Don't try and put it back. just leave it where it is. Something probably happened to it's tube. Maybe a bristleworm or somefin'. Or the current wasn't strong enough. It will form a new transparent tube in a couple of hours.

There are many reasons why it left it's tube, and they usually leave the tube for a good reason.

Keep me updated.

hope this helps

if you want more infor check out the reef info search engine

ReefAquarium.info.

Peace

EdgeKrusher

Any time!:)

that's why this place exists.

Anything that we can't answer you can find an answer to at Reef Central They have several Marine Biologists there who know alot and are well published. Good luck, and if possible I would like to see a pic of your tank.

Peace

Hey,

Thank you for the help...The duster seems to be holding up ok still...I didnt know that they can escape the tube hahaha

Any way here is a few pics of my tank!

I dont have any corals yet... but i hope to get some soon.

EdgeKrusher

I looks like you just a couple of lbs of LR. how is your water quality? Cuz once you start adding corals you'll need all the filtration you can get. I know the ######'s expensive but to have that little is not very common. Nice coloration on the rock you do have.

there is about 8 lbs in there right now.....I want to get more , but my the friggen store here in town seems to only have huge pieces that wont even fit in the tank....Anyway, I am getting about 5 lbs more BTW..the tank is a 10 Gal.

EdgeKrusher

what I would suggest is to get a big piece, take a hammer and break itup. I had to do it, it won't hurt anything. also your tank will start a little cycle again.

Well guys, I got real Bad news!

I believe that my crab that i have in there got to the feather duster before he could build any form of protection....

I found it mangled in some rocks today

This sucks!

EdgeKrusher

sorry to hear about the loss Crimper. :(

My Royal Gramma has come down with a case of the ICH. I'm ####ed cuz it means he's stressed, and I don't know why. Probably has something to do with my peppermint shrim.

Damn.

Archived