SaltCritters.com

Could you please identify this coral?

ardenen

Okay... I think these little purple/pinkish things are corals. They're really small, though they seem to be growing rapidly, or it could just be my imagination. Any help in identifying them would be much appreciated.

whatsthis.jpg

Looks hard to me but I havn't stuck my hand in there to find out yet... they're just tiny right now and I'm afraid I'd break them. There are several different starts of them all over this piece of live rock but they don't look like algea. They have stalks and then branch out. There appears to be no other coraline algea growing near them. But I wouldn't know it was algea if it came with a lable on it when I bought it! I'm that green! :)

Not that I can tell... I'll try to get a better look at it when I get off work and maybe another picture or two. It has the little branch spikes but I can't see any holes or protrusions. The largest one is maybe about 1/2 inch.

Okay... I can't tell if they're protruding tube like holes but the smaller ones only have two "branches" which could be the tube like holes. The big one has four branches though.

Archived