Pod Your Reef

b-ionic and reef solutions?????

ELGORDOINAVW

ELGORDOINAVW

well the lfs sold me this stuff said it would be all the additives i will need to keep a candy coral,mushrooms,xenia etc.. aside from planktons the xenia,mushrooms need. is this stuff what i need??

b-ionic component 1&2

reef solutions

You should be fine with just those two (that's all I plan on using, plus coral vital) but, if you see that certain animals are not behaving as they should (wilting xenia for example) you might need to add other supplements .

I'm a firm believer in not adding too much crap to the tank. Unfortunately, I don't follow my own beliefs. I have enough chems and additives and supplements to start my own store.

Mercedes? Man, I must be stuck in a damned Edsel in that case. The only supplement I add is Balls pickling lime. No problems to date and plenty of coralline.

Hey, whatever works for your tank. If your corals are happy with the Edsel, than so be it. I just happen to be fond of B-ionic. God knows there are a million different ways to have a succesful tank;)

Try kalkwasser / limewater at some point ... it's dirt cheap and will maintain alk and calcium.

Enough kalk for a hundred gallons of makeup water + DIY dripper for auto-topoffs will cost less than 2 small bottles of b-ionic. It can also precipate out some metals and sulphates (a good thing).

Since starting to add it, I've managed to fight back my perpetual hair and cyano algae plagues; I'm sold. As for other stuff, water changes replenish most other trace elements.

Archived