inTank Media Baskets

stupid girlfriend!

offsprg01

arrg! i go to work for a few minutes come home and guess what my girlfriend has a stupid clown fish in my tank! and now he's trying to host in my condy!

between my lil sis and my girlfriend they are gonna kill everything in my tank!

worse than that, my condy doesn't seem to want to be hosted in! he's all shrivled up and ity bity! what am i supposed to do? i can;t get rid of the clown becuase it will break my girls heart, and i can't move my condy to my buddies tank until next weekend as he's gone out of town!

HELP!!!! ME!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

damn women i swear.

I think your post should be titled "stupid girlfriend" rather than "stupid clowfish". The fish doesn't know any better, it's just doing its thing.

Originally posted by offsprg01

he's all shrivled up and ity bity! what am i supposed to do?

isn't that kinda personal?! :o

Sorry, my immaturity got ahold of me there for a second.. j/k:blush:

Seriously, though... why dont you just quarantine him or the condy somehow until they're separated next week or whatever?;)

grounds for breakup.

actually, you should be friggin thrilled that your girlfriend takes an interest in the tank. buy her flowers and casually tell her that the next time she puts something in the tank without consulting your first, you will tear her fingernails off and shave her head

Originally posted by Crakeur

grounds for breakup.

actually, you should be friggin thrilled that your girlfriend takes an interest in the tank.  buy her flowers and casually tell her that the next time she puts something in the tank without consulting your first, you will tear her fingernails off and shave her head

That's a little harsh. Titty twister would do just nicely:D

Having a significant other who takes an interest in the tank really helps justify the thousands of dollars that will be spent down the road on new filters, fixtures, livestock, blah blah blah.

Don't be too hard on her.

(And don't take that last sentence out of context.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by offsprg01  

he's all shrivled up and ity bity! what am i supposed to do?  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

isn't that kinda personal?! l

ROFLMAO :D

bite me jandree. j/k :D

yeah i know she means well. she just wanted to suprise me so she asked the lfs what would go with what i had in my tank. well i have a condy so he told her that clow fish and anenomes get along great.....so..... you get the picture.

don't worry i didn't go off on her. i actually thanked her and told her that i'd get the clown a new home asap. i blamed the lfs not her so now she's ticked at the lfs guy. bad phone call you should have her her go off on him. much funny! lmao.

hey you guys think that if i just stole a bunch of lr out of my buddies big @$$ tank + water that i would have to big of a cycle? i sure hope not. becuase that's what i think i'm gonna do.

EdgeKrusher

Yeah my girls the same way. She loves my tank, maybe more than me.;)

I do all the hard, but enjoyable work. She picked out both fish, she has an eye for getting the good ones. She goes to the LFS with me, even if it's an hour away, and she'll listen to me talk about water conditions, and what's needed, and why that guy at the LFS is full of ######. I love her for it.

Oh and she just went off when she saw that morning show program with the moron from Tetra. She's also let a couple of LFS Employees have it when they were going to sell some kid and his mom 2 percs and a blue tang, or as the dumbasses told the customers "It's a Dory", for a 10 gallon. Man that was a good day. Not a single word came out of their mouth, except probably "biznatch" when we left.

Peace

Mine likes the tank, and doesn't ***** too much about the cost, but then she's got her two fw tanks. Thankfully she never touches the tank, except for an ocassional feeding. Just 1 problem though.... She still won't let me get the 54 gallon corner bow I want :( . She says when I buy her a house, she'll by me the tank.

Hey sinsce when does this site automatically block out the word Bi!ch when you post. ***** ***** *****.... Thats kinda cool but it takes the fun out of ranting.

mine just tunes me out when i start talking tech. and visit a pet store? not by choice. but she will come with me if i ask. (she won't admit it but she likes to look at all the pretty fish) and she complains about how little i spend on her compared to how much i spend on some "stupid fish" from time to time. that is why i couldn't get rid of the clown fish. but thats ok now as the clown killed the condy. the clown eventually played with him until he got even more shriveled up and got off his rock. when i came home last night hes was about an inch long and now tenticals were showing. the clown was still beating on him insesnatly. (stupid clown) the condy's foot wasn't even sticky when i picked him up to put him in a breeder box to keep him away from the clown. i flushed him this morning so he wouldn't melt in my tank as he just look even worse be for i left for work.

Here's an idea. Stop being so P* wipped. I'm not sure what you did with your "set" but maybe you should find them, re-attatch, and then explain to your gfriend why the clown needs to go. Just a thought, because you will regret not doing it when your relationship eventually fails.

Offsprg - why don't you look into getting a Euphyllia sp. for the clown to host in?

I took my wife out to eat the other night to a fancy japanese place. They had a K.A. 80ga reef that she absolutely feel in love with.....particularly the blue spotted jaw fish and some of the SPS. I told here we'd have to upgrade our light significantly to do that, she said......"I think it's worth it!" Cha-Ching!!!!!

I have to ask this: why are you so ####ed about a clown fish?

OK, on a constructive note, what type of clown? onthefly makes a good point: get a Euphyllia for the clown (hammer/torch/frogspawn) my cinnamon loves em. Eggcrate divider isn't a bad idea either.

EdgeKrusher
Originally posted by zizmans

Here's an idea. Stop being so P* wipped. I'm not sure what you did with your "set" but maybe you should find them, re-attatch, and then explain to your gfriend why the clown needs to go. Just a thought, because you will regret not doing it when your relationship eventually fails.

Dude, a little harsh. Just cuz you can't keep it together with women doesn't me offsprg01 and his girl are going to break up.

She thought she was being helpfull, and if you did read the post she did lay into the LFS employe who told her it would be ok. Also if they do decide to split, I'm not sure but I think that offsprg01 will be more concerned with keeping his head straight than a coral that he lost. just my 2 cents.

EdgeKrusher
Originally posted by kennerd

I have to ask this: why are you so ####ed about a clown fish?

OK, on a constructive note, what type of clown?  onthefly makes a good point: get a Euphyllia for the clown (hammer/torch/frogspawn)  my cinnamon loves em.   Eggcrate divider isn't a bad idea either.

Don't clowns tend to kill those corals once they host with them? Not right away, but eventually those corals will start to wither. No one knows why but they do. They coral I've researched about is the Xenia. Clowns may host with it, and the clown doesn't seem to have a detrimental effect on the Xenia.

Archived