Cultivated Reef

Non-Aggressive Damsel

pjtech

3 votes for Chromis....just keep one by itself....small groups peck each other until one gets knocked off...i hear a shoal of 6 is supposed to be the minimum

• 4 weeks later...

I have been going through Blue Green Chromis like they are going out of style. I had 2 and they died, then I got 3 more, and now there is only 1 left. I would definatly recomend only 1 or a whole school(6). Fishbabies is right, they seem to pick eachother off until they are alone. Territorial I guess.

wow integracer...i thought 2 would at least get along.

when i had my 25gal i used to always have to replace a chromis to keep my school at 7. anything under that and the pecking would get really nasty. it was probably the tank size tho. at least when there were 7, there would be 3 runts that would get picked on by alpha-chromis rather than just one .....and they would last a few months rather than weeks. sad!

but my one chromis is awesome. kind of a curious airhead like Dory.

kinda off topic but you dont know how many times I have had to explain to my 7 year old sister that I can not buy a "Dory" and put one in my tank, it took a special trip to the Aquarium of the Pacific to show her that eventually the Dory gets bigger then my Nano Cube...LOL

Archived