Top Shelf Aquatics

Where to get Piccolo airstones?

ChrisF

What does everyone use as a replacement for the airstones in their Piccolos? The Lee's seem to big? I searched for "Sander's air diffusers" and everything seems to be in the UK.

Yes, I made a skimmer to the same dimnsions of the Piccolo, since I couldn't find another to buy. I have some Lee's airstones, but they are a little to long to fit. I am going to need to replace the airstone in the Piccolo eventually anyways, might as well have them around.

I wouldn't cut the airstone, it may not bubble right afterwards. But I would get an airstone from the same place I bought the skimmer, or a place that sells them. Do a search b/c there are 2or 3 recent threads about where to purchase them.

I am getting some airstones for a mini-skimmer that is built into the sump of my 7 gal US Aquariums cube tank. REAL PITA to get the little stones for it, and the ideal stones were originally sold by Sander (maker of the piccolo), but have been back-ordered at foster & smith for over 5 months and they discontined carrying them.

A fellow on ebay is making me a dozen diffusers and 3 adapters, priority mail $14.50

1.5" long and width somewhere in the .5-.75"

Unfortunately, his planer is in for repair and will get back in touch with me ASAP. I will let you guys know how they turn out and give you his info

Thanks, Kennerd. I thought about making them myself, but they are so cheap to buy already made. PLease let us know how those turn out.

fishbabies

I cut and/or sand down my airstones to clean 'em all the time. to make it shorter, just cut from the end where the hole is....so you don't accidentally end up with an airstone open at both ends. test it first..and if a cut/sanded section is bubbling too much (large bubbles) then you can seal it with epoxy.

Archived