Coral Vue Hydros

My New Above Tank fuge, Almost complete

Jahkaya

Here is the Above Tank fuge that I started last night, I just need a bulkhead fitting and I am complete. These were taken with my phone so the quality sucks.

Full tank:

Here is the cabinet above: Shows the hole that was drilled/sawed for the return. The fuge is a three gallon eclipse.

So that's about it. No I did not use my existing 3 gallon for the fuge. That is still up and running. This is a crap one I got used from work for free. I will use the stock lighting to grow the Macro. I will throw all the wiring on the top shelf and put the heater in the fuge. I will have a black backing. The profile 602 powerhead (anyone want it?) will be replaced by another aqauglobe. The fuge uptake powerhead will be a 301 aqua clear. The tank had it's first water change yesterday, 5 gallons and the Trates are at 15 PPM. I will have a bonus this month and the 4x75 VHO's will be coming. I also will build a canopy for them(yet another project.

The mushies were banished here due to one getting caught in a PH and nearly melting my whole 3 gallon.

So what do you think? Still a work in progress, but hopefully not too ######ty. But Isn't a reef always in progress?

Looks good James! How about pics of your 3 gal? Need frags? I'll probably getting rid of a couple in my tank. want an orange ric? make me an offer:)

The Resolution on the Camera is so crappy that the 3 gallon comes out very bad. I have to wait to get lighting and a clean up crew on the 20 until the Bonus comes in. I am strapped. I will need Frags Shortly, but I dare not throw a thing (except a shroom) until the lights come. Keith Has influenced me to go VHO. He also helped me with the Drilling. What a Guy! You don't have a spare 1" Bulk head fitting do you?

Jahkaya your setup looks good.

But sounds like you'll have to make your hole a little bigger a 1/2" bulkhead takes a 1 1/8" hole.

A 3/4" bulkhead needs a 1.5" hole and a 1" bulkhead needs a 1 3/4" hole. As it sounds like you made a 1" hole X) just in case you overlooked this.

Mike

Yea... That would suck!!

I am going to take the eclipse down ther to make sure I get the right Size.

We will see.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey lakerFan, Not to butt in but I would love to have a orange ric for my 7. So if you want to sell one to me please let me know. Thanks.

Archived