Pod Your Reef

Elegance in nano

stopthemad

stopthemad

I have heard mixed reviews about keeping an elegance in a nano. I have a 15 gallon, and I would like to keep an elegance in the tank. I have 65W of light spread over a 15 regular, and high water movement. Would it survive ok in the tank? Would it kill everything else in it in the way of corals? I have 2 clowns (1 regular, one B&W) and a Jawfish, along with peaceful corals, leathers, ricordia, zoo's, other polyps, and i'm adding a few brains and candy cane;s. I was going to order the elegance from live aquaria but I am just wondering if i could stick it in the corner away from other things and it would thrive and not kill everything else. Also how fast do they grow?

Beautiful corals, harder to keep now days. Alongside some of the other notorious corals/critters like flame scallops and flower pots.

Inevitably someone will come along and claim they've had one for a long time and it's doing fine but that's few and far between.

I would stick with the tired and true and not throw away your hard earned money IMO.

*shrug*

Here's a thread you may find of interest:

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.p...=elegance+coral

Archived