Pod Your Reef

Fish are friends, not food

changhsu

Quote:

"The jewel squids are one of the strangest occupants of open-ocean waters. Firstly they have wonky eyes, the left eye is always much larger than the right. In some species the left eye is telescopic while the smaller right eye is normal... When the squid is hanging at a 45 ° angle, all the light organs aim down and produce just enough light to cancel out the silhouette of the squid against the weak light from the surface above. They can even adjust the lights for different depths or time of day."

http://www.oceans.gov.au/norfanz/

http://www.oceans.gov.au/norfanz/CreatureFeature.htm

(((Asbestos pants: on)))

Two questions:

1) We've already sent 33 missions to Mars (22 crashed & burned) and just got pictures of orange rocks. Why can't we divert those millions of bucks to this kinda research?

2) Take the wonky squid example, I wonder how this kinda sophistication came about by random chance...

Nishant3789

ive never tried calamari though im willing to, i dont eat anything i keep as pets and i dont have any squid just yet so hows it taste?

c_k_kuehne

Well the thread topic doesn't really apply to what the thread is about ----- but ---- FISH IS FOOD --- no only for humans but for many other creatures.

Fish, shrimp, lobster, crabs, squid, clams, octopus, sea urchin ect... it's all food and it's all really good. My mouth is starting to water just thinking about it.

I went to the seafood market and bought a mixed assortment of parts (crab, fish, clams, mussels, octopus, squid) and took it home to blend into fish food. My 4 year old son took one look at it and had to eat it. So we split the package in half and scampied up our half and had a little seafood feast.

Did you know in some parts of the world they eat Angelfish, parrotfish ect... They actually go fishing on the reef.

I myself have had rock lobster taken fresh off the reef in the FL keys earlier that day while I was holding the catch bag.

I need to stop myself cause I'm hungry, it's dinner time and I don't have any seafood in the house at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Squid are good, but octopus are better when raw.

The calamari are much more versatile though: chopped, fried, pressed in to a patty. MMmmmmm pet food....

Argh, this thread should have been RIP. But since you bumped it again.

And the winner is (drum roll)...

Chamkeeper!

Write your congress rep. Tell them you want to know more about squid.

c_k_kuehne

is runner up for the longest reply.

I saw a similar thread in RC that just took off. I thought i had the ingredients for a perfect storm, doh. Got only a fizzle, not a bang. :( Did i not wire the fuze correctly?

Anyway, thank all of you for playing. The contest is closed. hahaha...

Runner up is not bad.

As contest prizes are you takeing me and Chamkeeper out for a seafood dinner or what ???

What many people clearly fail to understand is that it's not an either/or thing:

Fish are friends and food!

What wonderful animals!

Fish are food, brain food, there is not a fish that taste bad once ya add a lil hot sauce, butter and lemon. If you think Fish taste good try some whale meat.!! Better than steak!! Very Very tender!! Had some while i was in Japan a while back. Now everytime i see a whale or even a porpoise for that matter. I get hungry!! Until they find a more Sastisfying souce of protien, If it swims, flies, runs, or slithers. It has an open invitation on my dinner plate.

Archived