SaltCritters.com

Reef Advantage Calcium

ReeFur

I have a 20H prop which is gonna be sps donimated,today i went out to buy Kalk but they ran out.They suggested SEACHEM REEF ADVANTAGE CALCIUM..Anybody ever try this?

I have a 20H prop which is gonna be sps donimated,today i went out to buy Kalk but they ran out.They suggested SEACHEM REEF ADVANTAGE CALCIUM..Anybody ever try this?

I use Reef Complete, which is SeaChem's liquid version of Reef Advantage Calcium. You'll need to use Reef Carbonate as well to balance Alkalinity in lieu of Kalk. These products are much more forgiving than Kalk (from my experience).

what do you mean by "forgiving" ?

I tried using Kalk via an ATO. It occasionally caused calcium snowflakes and froze pumps. I later learned that kalk depleted Mg very quickly, which I wasn't testing at the time. That must have thrown my params way off. Anyhow, Reef Complete and Reef Carbonate don't seem to impact pH and work in better harmony with Reef Advantage Magnesium. Again, this was my own newbie experience with Kalk, but I know it works well for many advanced reefers.

Archived