ReefCleaners.org

My Best Shot Ever! Everyone Look!!!!

Acoustic

Looks great. I wish my psuedo would pose that way:D.

You happen to have any bigger pics...maybe for a my computer background?...hint hint...:D

Cameron

Originally posted by Nishant3789

ehhhhhhhhhh i dunno ive seen better acoustic......................

No doubt there has been better. But it is difficult to get a good shot of a swimming fish. You've got to take a whole lot of pictures before you actually get a good one. I've taken a over a several dozen on my fish and only get a couple of usable pictures.

Good shot of your fish, nicely done:teehee:

Acustic you are the man! Beleive me I do know how hard it is to get a shot of prety much any kind of fast moving creature! You should see me trying to take a pic of my mono argentinus or my rainbow's! Fast little sucker's I tell ya!!!!

That Pic defiantely needs to be framed! NICE SHOT!!!!

I would enter it at saltwater fish.coms monthly photo contest if they still have one? seriously I would.!!!!!

There may be better shots out there but I bet they werent taken with a hand held digi cam either . Nore I bet were they taken under super bright unatural lighting or on a super fast moving fish like this one. Getting certain cameras to focus under actinic lighting of any kind be it white or blue is almost impossible. It drives the autofocus mad. And with out a flash.....forget it....

acoustic's shot was more difficult to take.

the white bulbs are off. shutter's going to want to stay open longer with less light. no flash to freeze the image and it's still a whole lot sharper than yours. and doesn't have those weird white streaks, glass reflection, ugly background.

it's very nice.

Orange Crush

i took you up on the challenge sir (ok, i realize it wasn't a challenge, but you tell me it's next to impossible, and of course i see it as a challenge.) and must report that I failed.

After countless images, the best one I got was one taken with flash after scaring poor charlie half to death when i decided to try experimenting with a flashlight. Charlie didn't like that

charliehiding.jpg

Nish: that's a nice pic you took but the deal with acustic's pic is that the fish is in total focus, the angle the fish is coming at, the lighting ect ect..... Realy hard to get a good shot of a fast fish or a coral for that matter under actinic. It just is .

Orange Crush

sir, leave me and my flashlight alone. I fail to see how it is cheating. If it provides a great shot with no reflections etc, then it did the job.

Note: it did not do the job.

miss, the "challenge" was acoustic's shot. low light. your picture came out nice, but you can't say "no, this sort of thing is easy" if the circumstances were not the same.

Orange Crush

notice how i did not say this shot came out nice. and it was low light. i was just trying to add a bit more. Charlie stays near the front glass and he was thus barely lit at all. please note how I said I failed.

And I thought the challenge was to get an incredible shot of a fish with no flash and no crap in the picture.

I took dozens of pictures. I failed. I just happened to get one neat one in the process.

I am not offended. I think that you were just trying to make a point. I don't think you failed. I think you are getting better with every shot.

Archived