SaltCritters.com

Sleeping Fish Issues

moose12

I added a Bicolor Blenny to my 20G on Friday. I have a pair of TR False Percs that have been the only inhabitants for the last two months. Happily everybody is getting along great, didn't really expect any problems, but wasn't 100% sure. Anyways my dilemma is this, the percs have been hosting random things at night; heater, powerheads, etc..normal behavior. Now they host a certain rock, just so happens said rock is the same one that the blenny now calls home.

This is probably a dumb question, but I'm curious to see if anyone else has experienced this. It probably means they're all one big happy family now. :) The female perc already seems a little protective of the blenny by chasing away my overzealous cleaner shrimp on several occasions.

Is the blenny going to be stressed by having to sleep next to a clown doing his stupid little dance?

Sounds like the female perc likes the blenny. I wouldn't worry about it, if the blenny is bothered by it I'm sure it'lll find somewhere else to hang out.

cool, thats what i thought. one more thing though, i did recently add a moonlight, is this making the percs stay to the darker side of the tank? i don't know if the light is bright enough to keep the fish from sleeping in certain areas of the tank.

Archived