Coral Vue Hydros

Best vendors for small frag variety packs (what about GARF?)

powerofslack

powerofslack

Hi. I'm planning to flesh out the corals in my 10gal nano, and I am trying to decide between ordering a big pack like a GARF order or seacrop nano 12 pack, or slowly accumulating pieces from places like thesea and logical reef, which will end up costing much more shipping wise over time. My main question is this: thesea and logicalreef etc. have pics of the actual pieces, and several members have posted reviews of their seacrop orders, but I can't find any customer reviews of GARF orders online. Does anyone know if there are any reviews of GARF pack orders online (besides the testimonials on their website?). My message board research just led to a lot of emotional flame war stuff about GARF's suggested methods of setting up a tank etc. If you want to talk about that crap this is the WRONG thread, but if you have any experiences with a GARF order, good or bad, or know of anyone who's posted pictures, etc. from one, please let me know here or by email- I am planning to order some corals soon, and I am leaning toward ordering from GARF but it bugs me that no one has posted any reviews of GARF orders anywhere on line. Thanks a lot for any info, and sorry for being long-winded!

go smaller (slower) imo. coral dynamics's pretty good. i had good specimens, a little mixup on the order but other than that i liked the livestock. good quality.

seacrop was very good too but i bought for my show tank (big piece) but the pkg. was good as was the service. haven't dealt with logical yet.

garf...they're very knowledgeable. bigger packages ain't always better and that especially goes for a nano. hth

thelogicalreef.com is great but not much in the way of stony corals.

coraldynamics is real good as is spsfrags.com.

You can also hit places like inlandaquatics.com and buy frags individually.

spsfrags.com sells nice size frags and they usually have a nice, large selection.

• 4 weeks later...

I got all my stuff from garf. They are the best IMO, They are extreamly knowledgable and they really care about makeing the hobby a self-sustaining one. All of their stuff is captive bred (or fragged :D).

When i was just getting into the hobby, they sent me a care-package free of charge (even shipping!) with rics and xenia and kenyan trees and zoos and even a few shrooms. Their liverock is superior as well, they ship using a method that has little or no die off, everything is covered with bright coraline and corals are everywhere.

I sincerely recommend them!

Archived