ReefCleaners.org

How often do you clean your tank?

myelin

How often do you clean your tank? When I say clean, I mean scrape algae off the glass/acrylic, etc.

I do this once a week on Sundays. I usually make a mess doing this.

Is there anything I can do to cut down on the algae that grows on the acrylic?

:)

deacon hemp

Bioload!how many fish in your tank?My 4 gal w/o fish has never been scraped!it's 4 months old with no cleanup crew at all!

What size tank do you have?and how old?

Usually twice a week. Once during my water change when I really give it a good scrubbing and then once again during the week. Ever since I started dosing DT's I've noticed I get a lot more crap on the glass ... errr acrylic in my case.

Originally posted by jdsabin1

Usually twice a week. Once during my water change when I really give it a good scrubbing and then once again during the week. Ever since I started dosing DT's I've noticed I get a lot more crap on the glass ... errr acrylic in my case.

What do you use to get into the cracks between the acrylic and the LR?

Aw yeah. I might as well use a credit card that I owe on for this one. :)

I might go ahead and buy a magnetic cleaner safe for acrylic. Do they scratch at all?

Right now I am fighting some nasty cyano brought into my tank by a snail's shell, so I've been cleaning about 2 times a week. The Eclipse hood is reeeeeally getting on my nerves :)

I am starting to think I should have gone with a glass tank with a custom hood in the first place. Oh well, live and learn.

clean? you mean we're supposed to...:blink: oh ######!

jk :P

clean the glass everyday, magnafloats. get the smallest one, even for a big tank. their magnets on the bigger ones are STRONG for some odd reason. ???

skimmer gets cleaned everyday :x and the filters get changed every week.

and the turkey baster keeps everyone in their place on the food chain. :D

My bow gets an algae wipe once a month and my 150 system gets wiped around every 1.5 months. It's not that I'm lazy but it's just that I don't get any algae buildup:D. My minimal cleanup crews seem to keep up on everything just fine.

Cameron

I change 1-2 gallons in my 20L once a week to the music of David Lee Roth most of the time. I scrape the coraline as needed off the front, lately I have had to scrape bad algae off the glass because I let my flourescent bulbs go too long before replacing....

• 4 weeks later...

Archived