Top Shelf Aquatics

Just got this baby, and need some ideas!

Toooloud

Just got a great deal!

Seen an add in the local paper here that they where selling a car.. that i liked.. So i go over.. and see the car.. he was asking much more than i thought it would be worth..

but then in the corner of this Garage, i see this beauti sitting there.. So i asked what it is.. He goes and tells me its a old crappy tank.. that his son left behind when he moved out.. So i asked what he was planning on doing with it.. He tells me its going out into the garbage next week..

So i jump at it.. I go if you are going to toss it out i would take it off your hands.. and he was more than happy to give her to me.. took a couple of trips but i got it home.. well the tank went to the LFS first to get a 2 1/2in hole drilled for my overflow.. but he told me it as a 30 gallon tall tank.. i think he was wrong..

The dimentions are 30L 20D 22H.. i think that is more like a 45G? is it not?

But anyways.. its an eclipes setup, tank, stand and canopy with the light missing.. but the filters and all are still there! So i think it was a great deal.. Will be posting some pictures soon!

But what im looking to know is..

Its only 30 inches long, so i was going to run a 175 watt 10k Halide its a brand new Ushio bulb in there.. run that with a couple of 24 inch Normal Output actinicS?

what think.. i think the most light needy coral i have right now is a Branching Frogspawn!

deacon hemp

Cool my buddie got that tank from a friend for cheap and i was thinking of convincing him to set it up as a reef,i thought the dimentions would be tricky!,and the height would need either real strong pc's or mh.The owner is a bit of a cheap-o thou=no metal halide!LOL.I can't wait to see this thing fully cycled and going!

Also not to rain on your parade,i hope for your sake the tank has never been treated with copper meds!!!

Na,

the guy was showing me pictures of it setup, i think he was trying to make sure i took it..LOL

he had it as just s fish only tank with some mushrooms.. lol

as for hte cycleing and stuff.. im goign to be moving the rock into this tank from another. and some sand im going all new sand with a couple of pounds of my sand to help with the seeding, Its going to be plumbed into a 50 gallon sump refuge it has about 40 pounds of live rock in there.. So it will be up and running in no time !!! .

Awesome! That's the best kind of deal there is! Only problem is the tank may have been free but you'll spend a ton on all the cool stuff now. ;)

Maybe you'll wind up cursing the guy for giving it to you! LOL!

Nana,

See the thing is have been in the hobby for a while, as you can see from my little discription below!.. lol

So its just one more pawn in my came of life!

Archived