ReefCleaners.org

Updated Pics Of My 12 G Eclipse - 07/06

jdsabin1

Well some changes to my tank since my last series of pics. I changed the background to black, took out (or so I thought) my xenia, pruned back the anthelia and added a new platygyra, mauve zoos, tulip anenomes, multi-colored open brain, and two mini-carpet anenomes. I also moved some corals around as well (and even had my orange monti dig fall over and get stung by my killer frogspawn ... damn I was ####ed but it's on the road to recovery after some epoxy is now holding the rock it was on in place).

This will probably be the last time I take a whole tank shot as I am upgrading to a new 20 long setup with fuge, skimmer and more lights (and more corals). I need more space! :)

july6front.jpg

Here is the mini-carpet. Fascinating animal. Moves around some but so far has stayed where I can see him.

minicarp.jpg

I'm a sucker for brain coral of any sort (closed brain, open brain, favia, whatever). Here is my new platygyra that I chose to be my centerpiece in the top-center of the tank:

platy.jpg

My SPS corals are all doing well. Here is a close-up shot of my green mont digi that was stubbier when I first got him:

greendig.jpg

Another new coral is this batch of zoos. The color is very pleasing to the eye and they seem to be very healthy:

purpzoos.jpg

Here is my purple tipped acro that is growing fine but with the PC's, the color just isn't very flashy. Perhaps positioning and brighter lights will help that in the new tank:

acro1.jpg

More pics coming. :)

My new open brain that swallowed down a piece of silversides last night. So far he seems dumb, fat and happy:

newbrain1.jpg

newbrain.jpg

My tulip that split. The copper zoos next to them don't seem to thrilled to be this close so I will have to do something about that:

tulips.jpg

I thought I had all my pest xenia out but a few days after I had fragged it all out, here is what I find happening. Good lord this stuff is the dandelions of the sea I swear. Anyone ever see the movie 'What About Bob?'. The scene where Dreyfuss goes 'You think he's gone? He's NEVER gone! You see!'. Same deal with the xenia. :)

xeniagone.jpg

fd1.jpg

deacon hemp

That is a frickin sweet nano dood.i am absolutly kickin myself in the n%#$ because i gave away my maze brain it was my favorite coral.yours has made me jealous and want to get him back!it's in an old friend tank right now!

keep up the good work!

It depends on who you talk to. I know a lot of NR's have these 'Tulip' anenomes and haven't had an issue and insist these are not majanos but something different. I've had these two now for a little while with no indication that they are going to take over the tank so if they are majanos(sp) I just haven't seen any indicators that they are taking over as a pest anenome.

Only time will tell I guess.

That thing looks better and better every time I see pictures of it. Just imagine what the 20 will look like with a blue background!

Kara tried to catch you before you and your son left last night. She was going to give you that spray paint of ours. I think there's just about enough left to do a 20, so if you want it, let me know.

I really do think those look like Mojano's.

I had one in my tank for about 6 months. it was just the one. There are now about 10 of them. Luckily my tank is to be taken down and upgraded very soon, so I can deal with them.

Anyway, I sure do like the look of the tank. I love the arrangment of the corals and the colours are amazing. :

Archived