Cultivated Reef

What kind of lighting intesity are you using

Toooloud

Just looking to find out what everyone is using and what you are keeping ?

Im just starting off in the nano hobby, uptill recently i have kept larger tanks 90g 72g and 120g.. All these tanks ran Halides.. So iam looking to see what you all are keeping.

Myself its a 20g and im keeping 1 175 watt 10k Ushio MH with 2x 15 watt Actinic Nos..

Now im keeping alot of softies.. but also some more light needy like Branching Frogspawn, Blue tipped acro and a monti..

Think this is overkill ??

Also Please post any subliments.

Such as

Halides with actinics?

Or what spectrum of halideS? So on..

Please and thanks!

I have PC's over my 20.. 2 x 10k and 2 x 03 act (220w total).

I'm keeping acro's, monti's, and some clams.

your setup sounds ideal, except you might want to get some more actinic in there, but that depends on how you like the look.

-skeletor-

I think my signature says it all...lol. I don't think a 175 over that size tank is quite overkill...while I do think my 400 over a 29 is a BIT of overkill..it basically allows me to keep anything I darn well please. I feel that if you're going to have a reef..you've got to do everything to the utmost...otherwise you shortchange yourself. I guess its a personal preference thing too..but I just couldn't imagine having a reef without keeping the good ole SPS that I've come to know, love, and spend a fortune on..lol. Anyway..that may be just me...but like I said..do it right!

I have a 20H with 110watts pc. 1 10k and 1 03. I keep zoos, yellow polyps, open brain, branching hammer, gsp, leathers.

The softies do great, the LPS still grows but more slowly than others with halides. I'm actually thinking about upgrading to a 175MH with 2 vho actinics.

18g with a 150w de 10k mh. Keeping Various SPS(monti's, acros), a squamosa, a rose bta and bta, zoos, rics, shrooms, a brain, and frogspawn. I think thats everything.

• 2 weeks later...

this weekend it get the wawa and LR!

It's got 1 bookworm (for running a 7100k down the road) and 2x 19w spiral 6500K PC (HD specials). All said....51w for $40!!

Check it and my hood out in the members tanks forum "Low buget nano"

20 gallon high, with 250 10 k metal halides. I do not use florencets or atonics. I do not run lighting at night and the wave length spectrum of the 10 k double end covers all the wave lengths that the atonics provide. I think running atonics at the same time you have metal halides is like buirning a candle next to a fire place. Yeah mathematically you add more heat, But the net effect is insignificant JMO

Archived