ReefCleaners.org

[RSM] Eliminating microbubbles

alexnr

Hi RSM owners,

I am cycling new RSM and of course got some MB, more with skimmer on (nothing to skim). So then I looked into diagram of filtration design and saw couple flaws 1) bubble eliminator uses 2 instead of 3 baffles and 2) return powerheads suck from midwater not from the bottom. Here is idea to fix this:

1) To simulate 3rd baffle I suggest to use some plastic bottle with top cut that will fit the chamber (I never used bio and carbon there from the beginning) under the powerheads.

2) Add plastic tubing to powerheads to suck water from the bottom of the bottle.

To install, instert the bottle, then powerheads with plastic tubing extensions going into the bottle. You can cut the bottle in such a way that powerheads will hold it when attached.

Image is attached, as you see on the left, air goes straight into right powerhead. On the right is suggested mod, blue are plastic tubing extensions and orange is a plastic bottle. Pardon my drawing, if it becomes popular maybe someone with better drawing skills will redo it.

post-33792-1201024210_thumb.jpg

Archived