ReefCleaners.org

CAD owners I need your help

thelastmucci

OK so I'm planning on getting the new 39 gallon (unfortunitly probably won't have the money to get the discounted price.) But I do have a few questions for those of you out there that do have the 34 gallon Signature series.

1) What is the difference between a pinwheel protein skimmer and venturi. I know it has something to do with air but I'm not exactly sure what. Which one is better IYO.

2) I plan on putting in the chambers

Chamber 1 Aquarium Pharmacuticals RENA smart heater 50 watt

Chamber 2 Purigen by Seachem and also Boyd Chemipure...plan on using 1 4x8 300 micron bag for chemipure also one pura filter pad by CAD.

Chember 3 (fuge) 7 lbs Rock Rubble and about a 3-5 inch sandbed...also plan on putting some booster mud and some sort of Macro Algae, Aquarium Pharmucitcials RENA smart heater 100 watt

3) What type of filtraion does the CAD use. I know on other people's tanks they talked about canister filters, HOB filters and also wet/dry systems. I have a pretty good handle on the canister and HOB filters but I'm admittidly stupid when it comes to what and how exactly a wet/dry system works. In any event what kind does the CAD use if any.

If it's not to much trouble for anyone to answer these questions it would be a great help to me. Thanks in advance

-Tony

Archived