Top Shelf Aquatics

hbh balance blocks

westkyracer

westkyracer

I came across an ad on ebay for these HNH Balance Blocks. Has anyone had any problems with these. Does it help with the trace minerals and Ca?

Most people shy away from them because it doesnt really allow you to fine tune what you add and how much you add/when. I personally have no experience with them though.

I have not used the HBH balance blocks but i do use a similar product, Sealab #28 automatic replenisher. I have been using them for well over a year now and within a month or so of using them my tank has been VERY stable. I have not had any water quality problems and it keeps calcium at about 400. some people like to dose unknown amounts of allkinds of stuff but IMO the blocks work better for smaller tanks, and reduce overdose or lack of nutrients at any time. trace elements are not something that most people test for but still add to their systems.

just my $.02. I would never go back to liquid dosing after having good sucess with the #28 blocks

I use these blocks in both of my 5 and 1/2 gallon tanks and they seem to work fine. In my 12 gallon I does more accurately because most of my money has gone into those tanks. I do have softies and stuff in my smaller tanks and the blocks seem to work just fine.

HTH!

Archived