ReefCleaners.org

South Florida Reefers Frag Group

avaneaton2000

If you go can you see how much the BC 29G is? Thinking of getting one and it's worth the drive if cheap later on. The cheapest I've seen it is $300 and I got my 14G BC for $189 after taxes

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you go can you see how much the BC 29G is? Thinking of getting one and it's worth the drive if cheap later on. The cheapest I've seen it is $300 and I got my 14G BC for $189 after taxes

i think it's like $200 before taxes. btw thanks hinecken for givin him the info.

No problem Nick.

Speaking of the Barrier Reef, I was just there and scored some blasto and monti frags for $17 total... update to follow in my tank thread tonight. I also was standing next to a stack of BC14's for 159.99, and I think they still have the mail-in rebate for them.

avaneaton2000

You got a steal from BR their prices are usually pretty high on livestock. Ever go to Eco Reef on Atlantic Blvd?

in miami (um), just getting started in sw

I have a decent list of all the LFS in Miami area on my Blackberry. If anyone interested let me know. Or anyone prefer any LFS in South Miami over all the others?

The 2 best lfs in miami are EXOTIC AQUARIUMS ( bird road and the palmetto ) and HOUSE OF FINS ( us1 and 140 st ). Also REEF AQUARIUM has nice corals ( across the street from exotic aquariums ).

I'll give another vote for HOUSE of FINS, it's a great place, and they take good care of their fish, and i like their CUC section. EXOTIC AQUARIUMS is also a great place, for both fresh and salt. For anyone a little further North, EXOTIC AQUATIC is a great place to go, it's not in MIami though, more like Fort Lauderdale.

Yeah I goto House of Fins. Bit far from Brickell but the owner and managers are real cool there. Only thing is they said rock was cured and yeah definitely not. Almost 3 weeks and cycle not done yet.

Exotic to me was bit pricey and too much traffic for most of the people to help you out and be personable.

Glad to know after visiting all the stores in the area the two I liked the most are the ones you guys listed.

If I'm looking for some really nice Bubble, Frogspawn, Hammer, and Torch where you think best place to go? Hopefully one of you guys might have some frags for sale of this coral in future BUT if I were to get frags of the corals I listed where would be best spot. I usually goto HoF but anyone recently visit somewhere with nice looking coral?

Yo jayxem since u live on brickell u might wanna try FISH CONNECTION ( 163 st and N.E. 16 ave. ) I was there yesterday and they have some really nice stuff...... I drive around all day cuz of my job so I'm always stoppin at all the fish stores...... I live down south so I really can't buy there but they have very nice corals......but I still say EXOTIC is the best in Miami....its true they are pricey but you can't beat their selection and quality....but you can't go there and wanna chat and ask questions cuz those people are busy as sh*t always.... I like HOUSE OF FINS too and they are 1 of the only stores that have a frag tank......

• 3 weeks later...
wuz up south florida

I'm in the Clearwater/Tampa area, not quite South Florida but will travel for good frags! I don't have any to swap yet, slowly stocking right now. This is a great thread! Let's keep it going!

-Polly

im from saint pete/ tampa area. 2 people in a row. we can trade on our own even. im in the same situation you are. i have a few xenia frags and im about to get some new zoas and palys that i will gladly frag when the spread a little. but im also over on the east coast every so often so i can trade there as well.

• 2 weeks later...

kendall checking in! :) have xenias frag not mounted but there free. they grow like weed in my tanks I some time I give some to lfs near me like Fins and Exotic

avaneaton2000

Is anyone planning on going to the FMAS Frag Swap Expo on March 9th? I plan on stopping by and checking it out. pm me if your gonna go.

Here is the info:

March 9th 2008

12pm-5pm

New River Middle School

3100 Riverland Rd.

Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33312

Thanks,

Adam

Wow! Quite a bunch in just a few days! I didn't start my reef & prop tanks till I left FL for TN. Have any of you been to Fish's Paradise on Hallandale Beach Blvd about 1 mi. W of I-95? They still had an amazing SW section when I was in there about a year ago. Only the employees that really knew SW stuff got to touch the SW section. My daughter tried to get them to teach her but they kept her at the register most of the time. Weetie worked there when she lived in Hollywood,too.

avaneaton2000

I have never been there but will go now. The really good places are not very common around here, there are a lot of not so good places so it takes time to weed out the good from the bad. You guys have amazing tanks so I will definitely take your word.

I went to sea life off of pembroke and i95...man what a dissapointment...all of their tanks are filled with green algae all over the place...they had a bada$$ peacock mantis shrimp though...i like going to fishes of eden in miramar and also exotic aquatic in okland park blvd. i think the fish collection is pretty wack

Archived