ReefCleaners.org

Anyone kind enough to post pics of their aquafuge HOB refugium??

southpaw23

southpaw23

Hi there...i haven't been able to get a good picture of how the aquafuge looks like and how it's setup (all the pictures on the web seem to be the same)

was just wondering if anyone was kinda enough to post pics of their setup using the Aquafuge....thanx again

This belongs in the refugium discussion but I'll *bump* too because I am thinking about a fuge on my new 20 gallon. Pictures that are worth a sh*t because every shot on the net doesn't really show you how this thing functions and how it fits.

Damn Ryan now that I think about it you *DO* have a HOB fuge on your 20 right? You have a skimmer on it also if I'm not mistaken. What brands are they and pictures with that spiffy new camera of yours if you don't mind!

:)

Yep...the 20 runs with a CPR Aquafuge (the smallest model), and a CPR BakPak2R bought used from a friend down in Dallas.

Pictures? Workin' on it.

southpaw23

Sorry about having to post this in the general forum instead. I just figured that the frequency of ppl visiting this forum was higher than them going to the refugium forum.

Ur right about the pics on the net Jdsabin ;) And yes pics would be great ryan....we'll be waiting anxious. Thanx again..

Well if it works for you it works for me too. I see the CPR also has a surface skimmer attachment. Do you have any experience with that? I currently use the simpleton surface skimmer and I love that thing. It keeps the surface of my water crystal clear so would like to continue to use something similar.

And do you run your skimmer always even with the fuge? The skimmer fits *inside* the fuge right? The other thing I don't know about is how can I run carbon or rowaphos in a fuge and/or skimmer like I do today in my HOB filter? I really like running those two things 24/7.

Also, could I fit my Ebo in the fuge along with the skimmer? I would like the inside of my tank to be as clean as clutter free as possible albeit a powerhead or two.

So many questions, so much money to spend, so little time to explain to the wife why I need these things.

Unfortunately, the CPR BakPak won't work for me as the tank is going to sit on a flat surface with no edges around it at all (a built in desk basically).

I found this on the CPR site:

There are two ways in which a Bak Pak protein skimmer can fit on a ten-gallon tank. One is to move the tank to the rear edge of whatever it is sitting on to allow the Bak Pak to hang below the bottom of the tank. The other way, which will work in your situation, is to prop up the tank another 6" to allow the Bak Pak to hang on the back of the tank.

The Bak Pak measures 17.25" high. If your tank can not be moved to the edge of its stand, or you can not prop the tank off the stand, the Bak Pak will not work for your tank.

:( :(

southpaw23

Hey FlyGTI...was just wondering if you've managed to upload the software you were requiring....

Also to find out if there were anyone else out there who might have pics of their HOB fuge. I'm seriously in the midst of trying to build one out of glass and have it sit at the back of my tank similar to where an aquafuge would sit....only thing is that it won't be supported by the tank but by a stand...i just wanted to see how the aquafuge is designed so that i can finalise the design of my fuge......

any takers?..... :)

I have old pics in the member tank section.

I'll take new shots tomorrow that show the fuge and the skimmer and post

southpaw23

That would be greatly appreciated Crakeur...in the meantime i'm in the midst of designing my fuge....will post a pic soon and would be great if i can get feedback....but till then... ;)

Archived