Top Shelf Aquatics

what coral? Acro? or Monti?

Toooloud

Allright all.

So i have this 20 gallon i call a nano, its pushing it.. i have posted a pictures of it.. and im looking to pick up either a Acro or a monit for it.. Now i konw they are both high light needy, and its a 20 gallon tank running a 175 watt halide so would i have issues?

This is the tank i would be looking to place it on the rock shelf on the left side of the tank, as well i have this old Acro Skeleton that a friend had given me i was looking to wedge the frag into this so that i would hope it would encrust over it all!..

What do you guys think?

Here it is..

1169acroshell.jpg

1169SSkimer-med.jpg

That would probably take FOREVER! But no, you wont have any probs with the corals under that lighting.

Dennis_said

No probs :)

I'm starting to do my SPS/LPS research too, and most of the corals are assessible to me according to some at the RC forum... I'm running 130W PCs

well these are the corals that im looking into..

purple montipora digitata

green montipora capricornis

Blue-tip staghorn

green branching hammer

that tank doesn't look like it's been up for very long, so, while you have more than ample lighting for SPS you might want to wait a bit.

anyway, monti's are fast growers, acro's are not that fast, so you might want to put some GPS's on that acro skeleton if you want it covered any time soon. If you put an acro frag in there it might just end up looking like a coral thats mostly dead.

-skeletor-

This tank has not been up too long.

But the live rock and live sand is over 18 months old, I set this up mostly as a grow out tank.. looking to get my corals growing.. Bigger and healther before going back into the main tank!

Archived