Coral Vue Hydros

Yet another 2.5g

floppyfish

floppyfish

Well I hopped on the bandwagon as well as a few others did. My 2.5 has been up for a few months actually but I just finished the stand a few weeks ago and figured its showtime.

Of course this 2.5 is the same as the rest. 2 13w pc 50/50's a whisper power filter and 5lbs LR and LS. I have my yellowtail in there now, untill my buddy comes and takes him home to his 40g. I don't think I will keep any fish in here after he is gone. Its just too small and a pain in the a$$ to feed.

Next thursday I will be getting some zoo's and zoa's, and I will prolly get off my lazy keester and frag some capnella and colt, plus some of my gsp from my 20g. So it will look a little more like a reef in a week or two.

Anyways I decided to go with black because everyone who has these is doing a wood stain. Plus, its in my living room and my other hobby is home theater(more expensive than this hobby! I never woulda thunk it!X)) and all my components and speakers, and speaker stands are black. So it matches nicely. I live in an apartment where I can't have anything bigger than 30g but I can have a kick a$$ rock'n, earth shaking home theater. Imagine that:happy: With all the money I spent on the HT I could have setup a 400g sps tank! But I'd of prolly did one 90g and a bunch of nano's(their fun'r) Of course I'd need a house for thatX) No noise complaints yet(knocks on wood).

Anyway the normal full frontal. :happy:

floppyfish

My living room with the tank next to the tv, and the 'other' hobby. Its not quite as rewarding as reef keeping though;)

floppyfish

No, but the hermits go tumbling down! Otherwise I guess I haven't noticed the damsel acting wierd.

No its not bad. I have 4 rubber pegs on the bottom becasuse it was rattling the pictures(real anoying when try'n to watch a movie), now that pretty much absorbs the vibration. So now it really doesn't affect anything.

floppyfish

No I do, I love them. Its the whole reason I was interested in the hobby. Untill seeing reef tanks of course. I just don't like my damsel that I pulled out of my 20g(he was an ass) and threw into my 2.5g. I've had him for almost a year,(been in the 2.5 for 2 weeks tops) he was also my first fish and I feel guilty as hell for throwing him in such a small tank. Of course my g-friend doesn't help either.

But other than giving him away to my buddy with a bigger tank because he was an a$$ in my 20g, its just too much a pain in the a$$ to feed him. I would rather have some coral, softies and shrooms and zoo's in there.

It's just too much work to try to care for a fish in such a small tank. If I can't give him a good home I'd rather not give him a home at all.

I play mainly mechassult and a little ghost recon. I like Socom for the PS2 better so I normally dont play ghost recon

JJ

BTW my gammer tag for both systems is variable 69

That's a great setup and I would like to personally thank you for giving me the idea to put my 2 and 1/2 in our media room. The wife just nixed the idea of the tank in our bedroom and your post has shown me the light! :)

floppyfish

Yeah, it was a nice little addition to my living room. My 20g is between the livingroom and the kitchen. I don't know what I get asked about more. My tanks or my ht.

Besides, I originaly put it my computer room, but that gets a little too hot during the day. But out in the living room I can keep a better eye on things, and its cooler with the ac unit there.

floppyfish
Originally posted by reefan

I play mainly mechassult and a little ghost recon. I like Socom for the PS2 better so I normally dont play ghost recon

JJ

BTW my gammer tag for both systems is variable 69

No way, socom blows:P Ghost is way better! J/K I haven't played ghost in about 2 weeks. I should get back on that, I'm prolly a little rusty by now.

Cool tank, matches very nicely with the rest of your stuff.

By the way, Ghost Recon and SOCOM doesn't even compare to the fun of Counter-Strike(pc). When counter-strike comes out on x-box be prepared to get whooped! Muwahahaha8)

my favorite thing with the 2.5's on this site is that, with the fancy hoods, they look like 250 gallon reef tanks. then you see a full room shot and the damned things are tiny.

I like the scaping. Must be hard to scape a tank that small.

Archived