Top Shelf Aquatics

Fish possiblities in 10 gal.

Bracod

Is it possible to have a pair of any kind of clownfish in a 10 gallon? How bout a 10 gallon with a sump? I would like to have more than one fish in my 10 gallon nano-reef if possible, and love clowns. What are some other possible fish combinations?

I'm going to check out a store I recently found out about just to look at the stuff I'll need, ask questions, and look at the fish. Mostly I just want to see what I'm going to be able to buy from the store, and what I need to order, but is there anything I outa look for? Heres the link, anyone ever been there? http://www.annandalesuperpets.com/fishdepartment.html

• 2 weeks later...

i have 2 fish in my 10 gallon.....2 would be the max though.....fish need space

i have a royal gramma and a blu-green chromis....very colorful and friendly combination

brac,

the gauge you should use for considering fish is their metabolism and diet. their needs for intake and output. for instance:

altho tangs may be 'just' vegetarians but they act like they're vicious demons on speed and poop like muthas. :x

and while clown gobies are cute carnivores they are usually catatonic thoughout the day. zzz

mandarins are slow graceful carnivores who seem to constantly have the 'runs'. :x :x

cowfish are slow, methodical, and generally funny-looking omnivores that also poop omnipotently. :o

the point is to figure out the intended livestocks' poop ability against your filtration capacity, multiplied by their demeanor, and then divided by their aesthetic value. this should yield you a list of potential candidates.

how much volume versus how many fish is dependent upon each individual setup's ability to adequately filter/process the wastes generated. i.e. two perc/ocell clowns are easier than two tomato, maroon or clarkii clowns.

I think you were asking if "any" clown pair would go in a 10ga. Perc are best because they're smaller. Clarkii, Tomato, and Skunks can get big (for clowns) and 2 big Clarkiis would be cramped in a 10ga.

Archived