inTank Media Baskets

Introductions

nano neophyte

nano neophyte

Hi …

I just wanted to take a minute here to introduce myself.  My name is Larry and I’m brand new to the hobby.  My good friend Patrick recently turned me on to nano-reefing.  I’ve had a 10 gallon fresh water tank for at least ten years and really enjoy it.  I’m looking forward to learning all I can about nano-reef aquaria.  I ordered the 7.5 gallon Desktop Reef Refugium Edition this morning and I cannot wait to get it!  I’m completely new to the salt water reef environment … I’m sure counting on your support.  You can bet I’ll have many questions for the group.  This is going to be fun!

welcome to nanoing neophyte. it's gonna be a hard road ahead with bumps and glories but if you play yer cards right, you just might make it........

Welcome Larry:

The key to success is patience! never go out and buy anything before you know what it is. Try to read as many books/posts as you can. If you need help we are here for you. knowing how, what, when and if to add a livestock in a marine tank is important.

Joe

Welcome Larry!!

I'm sure you will do fine in your new adventure!

As said before, reading up on the subject is vital to success, so is going slow. Saltwater tanks are different from fresh in that they take longer to stabilize. I don't mean cycling either, I mean finding the "balance" within the tank.

Good luck!

Welcome to the board Larry.

This is a VERY good forum.  I am sure you have lots of questions, so ask away, its the fastest way to learn as a newbie.  Also have a read of the articles in the INFORMATION section-some very useful info and guides there.  Also visit the members reefs section.  You can have a look at thier tanks but more importantly get an idea of the setups.

Good luck.

nano neophyte

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!  I'm going to do my best to read up on the latest reef literature, not rush into anything, learn from the boards, and "not listen to Dave." <bg>  I think I've got it.  <g>

Vixyswillie
Quote: from nano neophyte on 1:22 pm on June 30, 2002[br]I'm going to do my best to ... "not listen to Dave." <bg>  I think I've got it.  <g>

You forgot the part about listening to ME! <rolling> :biggrin:

Archived