Pod Your Reef

Chiller for a BC 14?

BDAbio

Hi new to this site and to reef tanks, so was hoping to pick your brains a little.

I have recently ordered a BC 14 which should arrive in a few weeks, but from what i have been reading I'm a little concerned about the temperatures the tank may be subjected to in the summer. So i am in need of some 'Cooling' advice.

I live in Bermuda and due to the summer temperatures ( often in excess of 85 at noon) my freshwater tank regularly overheats ( 86+) and this has an open top. As the BC will have a closed canopy, more intense lighting and smaller volume, I'm sure it will fry all the inhabitants on even a normal day.

I'm looking for a low cost cooling option, so was wandering what peoples thoughts are on the Pacific Coast CL-85?

I've looked at the options of fan mods and evaporative cooling but due to the humidity being between 80-95% in the summer in presume this would be ineffective? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Also i do not want to leave an A running throughout the day as my Electricity for AC alone runs over $200 a month when its just on in the evenings.

Any suggestions or input from people using the CL-85 would be much appreciated.

Thanks

BDAbio

Archived