Coral Vue Hydros

if you don't look at this post, you're a loser

penguin87

sorry, i couldn't think of a title for this thread. However i do have a question: has anyone ever tried putting these animals in their tank?

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di...d=23&pCatId=576

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di...d=23&pCatId=578

i thought i'd make a spongebob tank. but it looks like this starfish will be useful for cleaning detritus/algae too. the sponge care seems a little risky, but i bet with proper research i could handle it. also, the lighting requirements on the corals at liveaquaria.com seemed a little high to me. (most mushrooms require medium light) this concerns me, because i plan to keep my 15 watt NO bulb over my minibow 7 for my first corals (shrooms, button polyps) before upgrading to a csl 32w. unless of course, this would be a bad idea in which case i'd be fine upgrading now.

I'm sure you could've thought something a lot better for your topic titleX)

ANYWAYS, I think you should upgrade, then add. 15W MAY sustain 'shroom's lives for a lil bit, but they will most likely not be thriving. What kinda experience do you have in reefing, are you a beginner? If so, both of those animals seem kinda, well, outa-your-league! I think you need to upgrade the light, add shrooms, then go from there. If eating all the crap in you aquarium is the issue, the go for snails...their a lot more dependable IMO. Plus that star will get too big for a 7gal i think....

ahh, I feel like a loser for looking at this thread!

Get good live rock, sponges (and maybe brittle stars) will grow out of it.

coralreefengr

We had one of those stars before. It lasted 9 months. We told the LFS and he was like "wow, they don't usually live that long". Just be forewarned that the star won't necessarily live. The LFS said that 3 months is usually the norm from what he's seen.

FWIW

CRE

interesting. i was just looking for something away from the norm. i guess that's not really a great idea for begginers, though.

i'll also upgrade that lighting system asap. oh, and the loser thing was just a joke.

Originally posted by penguin87

oh, and the loser thing was just a joke.

I don't care man...

loser.jpg

(that's not really me, thank God!) :ermm:

newbiefishgirl

HAHAHHA its a good think you wrote that at the bottom because I was thinking .. "Is that Joel" haha then I scrolled down and read that

Archived