Innovative Marine Aquariums

What fish would you add next?

reefphreak

reefphreak

I have a 26 bow with an Ocellaris Clown and I want to add another fish. What would be a good addition? Thanks in advance.

Phreak

I would add a pair (2) gobies.. They are such cool fish to watch and have alot of personality. PLus they are small so they wont add alot more to the bio-load although 3 fish isnt TOO much for a 26.

reefphreak

What gobies though? I don't want anything that will shower sand all over my tank like the yellow headed sleeper I had. I brought his azz back for credit.

well, im my 55g I have a pair of yellow watchmans which are cool and also a pair of Red Headed gobies.. Itd be hard to choose between the two honestly. Green banded gobies are also really cool.

you could get two neon gobies (yellow or blue). they're cleaners and active. (and aquacultured)

dottybacks are good, colorful but aggressive.

reefphreak

The last fish I added was a green chromis and the clown wouldn't let him out of the rocks and he eventually died so i want something that will stand it's ground against the clown.

coralreefengr

My vote would be for red headed gobies. You can get them captive raised and they don't have a swimming behavior like clowns since they tend to perch a lot. They stay small, too. I'm trying to get some from my LFS and they're acting like I'm putting them out. They order from ORA all the time so you would think they could just add one to their list. They actually want me to call them to check to see if they got me on the list and to "remind" them. Is it really that hard to order a fish for someone?

Sorry. Got into venting mode for a minute. Anyhow, I think the red headed gobies look nice. Neon gobies can also be captive bred and are pretty as well. I think you would be happy with either.

CRE

Originally posted by Raise

NO! Damsels are bastards and you would regret that.

What?!! Damsels are the friendliest of reef inhabitants....laughsilly.gif

get a watchman! they are so freakin cool! and if the clown decides he needs to saty in the rocks no skin off his back. they hardly ever wonder far from their hole anyway. mine sits out in front of his cave all day and catches food as it passes. when i feed though, he darts up to the surface and back to his hole, uber fast. really neat to watch!

Archived