SaltCritters.com

What is your favorite clown

katydidit

I like them all. What kind you keep depends on the size tank you have and what else you plan on keeping, there is a huge size and temperment differece between the ones you have listed.

I have a pair of Amphiprion Clarkiis and two Amphirion Perculas who are not pairing so I have to rehome one. I do not keep anemones for them due to the issues of keeping one alive for the long term.

Joyce Wilkerson Clownfish book is an excellent source of information.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

MMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

RRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maroonclown

I wish I would have bought the skunk clowns instead of my maroon. I like the maroons when they're young, because they are afraid of you, but after you have them for a while, they attack you, their loving owner:*( . So my vote is for the skunk clowns. I want two 15 gallon nanos, in one, a pair of the pink skunks, in the other, a pair of orange skunks. Why? I want to breed them, and mabye hybridize them (it could happen).

Originally posted by chufa

Bozo

funny you should mention it, i was actually going to put that as an option LMAO.

I wanted to know this because i want one of the less tempermental clowns...i've heard too many stories about the fish all of a sudden attacking hands when they go into the water. It sucks because i really dont have much of an option to go with having a minibow...can i really only have a true perc in there? or do i have other options?

maroonclown

LOL, no, he isn't a hybrid, but that would be awesome if there was a way to hybridize them. He swims around with has teeth showing. He probably thinks hes 10x his size (2")!

katydidit, what size is your minibow? If <15 G, I would only keep ocellaris or percula.

The bites from my ocellaris don't hurt at all.

Its the 7g minibow...and thats what i was thinking would be my only options. But thats okay, i really had my heart set on a black perc anyway :D, do any of you have one? If so, what is their aggression level like, and do you like them?

My new fave is the black saddleback. I have one and he is awesome. The bright yellow fins and nose/mouth are unbelievably vivid. I think any clown will attack your hand if he is just "that fish." I dont believe the saddlebacks get that big either.

I cant say I have ever seen a black saddleback...do you have any pics of that JJshiv? That sounds interesting.

Archived