SaltCritters.com

Two Clowns in a 5.5gallon?

wcostin

As I am researching what to put in a 5.5 gallon aquarium...I read on another forum people saying that two clowns could survive alright in a 5.5 gallon aqaurium! Does anyone agree or disagree with this? The discussion mentioned that if it were just limited to live rock and the fish had some caves, they should do alright. I would like to have two clowns (as it is my understanding that they do better in pairs?) Any thoughts? I am so confused, because I read so many different opinions on how many inches of fish per gallon. I've read 1" per gallon, 1" per 2 gallons, and 1" per 4 gallons!!!! I had a large saltwater tank several years ago and didn't worry much about it, but with a desktop tank I don't want to make an unhappy environment.

Please help

PS. It is not a Nemo tank!!!!

I've wanted a desktop tank since getting rid of my 52 gallon tank

several years ago...sold it because I was moving around a lot at the time.

i would like to know this as well...i have heard both sides to the argument. The only thing i do know is that there could be territory issues as they grow, but if you buy them REALLY young, one will be dominant and turn female, and the other will stay a male and they will pair off.

any other thoughts anyone?

Archived