Top Shelf Aquatics

How often should cleaner shrimp molt?

handlink

Handlink when you come back and read this (yes I knew you would) you will note two proper noobs (no offense guys/gals) attempting to obtain help. You will also note that a valid and kind response has been given to each question asked. Finally, and most importantly, you will note that they are going to follow said advice. Also note that despite the fact that they are noobs they have done enough reasearch to where they have a grasp on whats going on in thier tank and what should not be going on. Now I'm not saying you should take every piece of advice thrown at you but when five, ten or fifteen people are in agreement perhaps you should take heed... failure to do so will gain you nothing but hostile remarks. Cause, really, why try and advise when nobody's listening?

FWIW I back every peice of advice given in this thread. Hannibal is correct in that while a tank has not seen a huge cycle it is not fully stocked with a healthy bacteria population capable of handling much bio-load. I did a 12hr photoperiod for my cycle but can't remember much of an algea problem. No waterchanges should be done while cycling. Airstones are not desirable for salt water for several reasons but mainly because salt creep is annoying at best. Direct your powerhead upwards slightly so that is cuts into the surface for adiqute oxygen. I'll take the island w/virgins.

HTH

-pinner

Oh, I almost forgot...

doctorhannibal and skp

:welcome:

To N-R.com!

If you should ever have a question you can't find an answer to we'll be happy to answer it for you!

Happy Reefing

Edited by Pinner Reef
doctorhannibal

Very well said...

thank you pinn, I'll go with you on the 1st island.. dont worry the 2 virgins are all yours coz I'll be bringing 2 more hot virgin ladies with me heheheh!! :happy::lol:

• 14 years later...

I came here, 14 years later with concerns of my shrimp (who I thought was dead but appears is having a difficult molt) and read this entire shit show. I’m genuinely wondering where buddy is in the reefing world currently… with his complete dumpster fire of a tank…. As someone who didn’t even have anything to do with this 14 year old situation… he was literally the worst type of reefer. I hope he’s out of the saltwater community and not caring for anything that requires basic knowledge, and common sense. 

Googling “how long does it take a cleaner shrimp to molt” did not disappoint.