Top Shelf Aquatics

finaly! Clear pic's!

SaltyDawg

I had to turn my halide off . For some reason it will not focus withthe halide on? These picture are taken under 4x 24" 20w Normal out put bulbs. untouched and finaly in focus!

The acro realy turned out beautiful!

Cool Shot salty....I can't wait for my tank to finish cycling...so that I can start stocking corals. Oh two weeks and counting...may the gods of the reef grant me the patience to wait.... :)

beautiful acro... I believe it's a tricolour :) how long have you had it?

a steep reef slope... very nice

what size is your tank?

I found these little suckers growing on my live rock. I rearanged my rock one day and they just sort of poped up!

Nice Job on the LR aquascaping too Saltydawg. It give me an idea...so off I go to do a little rearanging...mwahahaha!!!

cuteios:

Than kyou very much! My tank has been up and running for a little over 7 mos. now. only had the corals in it for less then a month though. I moved them all from my 5.5 gallon to my 29 galon pictured. I still have some pic's of my 5.5g when it was up and running if you would like I can post a pic of it to further your ideas on aquascape? BTW be patient with your new tank. I let mine set for six months before I added an thing but the rock. ( My 29g I mean) It will pay off better in the long run if you wait longer.

alot of the nicer corals require tip top water parameters so if you wait longer the more stable the rock will be and the organism's livving on it thus creating stable water parameters.

danno:

Thank you too very much! I have had the acropora for around 2 weeks now? It was sold to me as a blue tipped acropora. I chose a steep slope up front but it arches back almost in a crecent formation to create a cave like structer n the back. This gives my rock plenty of flow and fish plces to hide. ( Also a major pain in da arse when a frag falls behind there too!)

Yes Please...I'd like to see how you did the aquascaping on the 5.5. It always helps to have a good reference in these things. It won't hurt my cycle if I did a little re-arranging at this point...right???

This is the best on eI could find of my old 5.5g sorry! It is also on a steep slope. It was taken with my old camera too. ( hense the fuzzy shots! LOL) I think the tank was about 5 months old when this was taken?

No it will not hurt the cycle at all. Even after it cycles it wouldnt hurt anything. Your corals will be in shock for a day or so but thats about it as long as you dont smash'em.

Archived