Coral Vue Hydros

.99 Cent moonlighting

daronpurcell

daronpurcell

Long time lurker 1st time poster...

I was at IKEA last night and ran across strands of mini leds with concave tips. These are operated by 2 aa batteries and an on/off switch..I attached them inside the hood of "my sons" 3 gallon eclipse and voila .99 cent (plus 2 batteries) moonlights .

will post pics tonight

ps these light come in a kind of purple blue, red, and i think green; the strand is about 1.5 feet and has i think 8 leds

daronpurcell

LOL I actually droped them in the water when i was f-ing around with them but no harm....i have since sealed each bulb with some silicone

nice. I bought some round disc LEDs from IKEA. There are 4 disc tied to the transformer. I put them under an indoor tropical tree for a night time effect, very cool! I water the plant all the time without removing the lighting anymore, doesn't seem to effect them either.

look into the scratch and dent area, that is where I picked mine up. Got 2 sets of the round leds and 1 set of the stick leds.

daronpurcell
heading to IKEA today.......for those. Great deal.

LOL i used to live south of dallas before it got all fancy with its new ikea

Anyhow, here in seattle i found those lights in the lighting section (obviously) in a bin hundreds of them in little 2x2.5 boxes i cant remember the name but started with a d like divsak or somthing

ikea-esq

daronpurcell

well i didnt get a chance to even look at the tank last night (except to do a top off) so will have to post pics tonight hopefully

oh and thanks for the welcome

Archived