Coral Vue Hydros

Piccolo users please help

ChrisF

I purchased a Piccolo skimmer last week. I've had it running for 4 days, and nothing so far. The tank is a year old,.

What water level do most of you set the skmmer at?

How long should I expect to get skimmate?

Right now it produces a wet foam, and if I adjust it where it foams into the cup, it is clear water and the cup fills up very quickly.

Thanks for the help.

Hey,

Mine produces black junk when I have the collection cup flush with the back of my whisper HOB. If I had to guess it would be about halfway submerged. Also I tried this skimmer with a small airpump and it works much better with a biggun. I am running a profile 4000 with one of the dual outputs closed off (Unless I am hatching Baby brine for my bangers). I also us coralife stubby stones instead of others they fit perfectly and seem to make the smallest bubbles.

HTH,

Toy

Do a search for *Piccolo* and there is a thread that has a phone # for a place called All Things Fishy. It was 29.95 6+ shipping. Let me know if you can't find it, I'll search for my receipt.

JUST WAIT.... It will take a week or two for the air stone to start working correctly. It's got so soak for a long time.

I use a small pump, and high water level, it pull out some nasty crap. And I'm the one that posted the # for all things fishy AKA office aquariums (same place). Great store to do buisness with mail order. I had ordered 6 piccolo's about 2 months ago, but they are all gone now. Call there, they didn't stock them, but they'll order it for you. You might get lucky, and he might stock them now if enough people started calling and asking for them.

phone #508-229-0076..... it's in mass.

He had them in stock when I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago. The guy was pleasantly suprised when I told him I got his info from this forum.

Yeah, I told him that too, and that I was ordering some for a few people on here. His name is Chuck, and is a great guy to work with. And he always seems to find time to chat a bit with you too, not just thank you have a nice day.

Alexandre Di Sesso

Mine took 3 or 4 days to start working. Then it took a dark green stuff from the tank.

The day before yesterday I cleaned it and it seems that I will have to wait 2 more days before it starts to work again.

Maybe it is better not to clean their body very often.

Alexandre Di Sesso

Hi Scott, I don't know if there is a rule for that.

I will wait at least 1 month before cleaning the body again. I will only empty the collection cup.

Alex

Mine started producing yesterday:)

The wter level adjustment helped out.

Now if I can just get that Lee's adjusted in my 25G!

I don't think anyone gives them up!

I'm calling Chuck on Monday to order another one, the Lee's I put on my 25G is a POS.

phone #508-229-0076

Hey Chris?

That Piccolo isn't for your 25 is it?

if so you will be dissapointed they are suitable for 0-10 gallon tanks I would say anything larger and you need a bigger skimmer I am afraid.

GL,

Toy

I had planned to put one in my new 20 long tank. The main reason is to place it in a CPR Aquafuge since it is a smaller skimmer and will fit in there. Not too many other models that will work in there.

*shrug*

Archived