Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

(sad update, crack!)will upgrade to 10g w/10g sump

ealshabaan

ok so today i was about to change my overflow hose form .5" to 3/4" to increase the flow from my tank to the sump... and i already added a nice ps and took some nice pics here is one of the updated setup

DSC00642.jpg

but, unfortunately, things did not go so well... i heard a crack sound when i was trying to change the hose and here is the result:

DSC00645.jpg

so as the title states.... i will "upgrade" (does this even called upgrade!!) to 10g tank and a 10g sump. -_-

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

So here I go again with a new tank after I quit for a little bit, (see my signature for my previous tank)

Is a 5.5 gallon all-glass with 2.5 gallons sump!

First, I did some budget plan to “fund” my project (wow is it really “project”) and here is the link for it:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...;hl=plan+budget

and from some of the guys here in n-r.com and some little previous experience, I come up with this new aquarium to add it to the 5.5g list!

Anyway, here is the tank details:

Main display: 5.5 gallons

Sump: 2.5 gallons

6 lb of LR

5 lb of LS

Hdor koralia 1

Lighting (not yet)

Mag7 (pump from sump to tank, I will connect it with protein skimmer later on, that’s why I go with mag7)

Finally, a hand full of chetos

Now with some pics and further info……

So I purchased my 5.5g tank and then went to glass workshop to make a hole in my poor tank, and I was just happy with the result

DSC00592.jpg

Then I had to give my tank a bath, just to clean it from that powder staff that the glass shop put it on to cut the glass (you can see black dirt in the bathtub)

DSC00591.jpg

later on, I began to assemble the stand for my previous tank, because I have never use it before

DSC00589.jpg

And here I put wall in the 2.5g tank to make it a sump (I know, it looks horrible, but it is just a sump)

DSC00587.jpg

Here are some parts I used for plumping

DSC00594.jpg

Here is the tank water output, ready and well fit

DSC00607.jpg

And that’s what it looks like from the inside

DSC00610.jpg

And here I am so far

DSC00612.jpg

Here is some pics of “in-tank” setup, LR, LS, rockjob ..etc

DSC00614.jpg

DSC00615.jpg

DSC00621.jpg

And here is my insulation for the mag 7 pump, from sump to the main tank

DSC00625.jpg

DSC00627.jpg

So far I am done, with intake and outtake of water

DSC00628.jpg

And finally, here is the final result, although the tank still need lighting and some additional staff that I did not done yet, but so far it’s ready to begin cycling

DSC00631.jpg

i want to add that the intake form the tank, is not exactly as shown in the first picture of it. i did make a hole in the top of the intake.

It looks cool, all these 5.5s popping up make me want to try one. The drain hose looks kinda small to me, could just be the pic though. The clear hose is gonna grow algae in it just from room lighting. Been there done that, I finally had to switch to the black hose.

Mmm... the drain hose is 0.5", is this small?... i can change it if it too small

and yah... i have just remember how clear hose can get... i might change them later on

just want to show you guys one of the anemone i had before when i was back home, in Saudi Arabia.

by the way, this pic was in 12 gal tank

no%20DATE.jpg

UPDATE

so ....now it is the 4th day for this tank... but still there is no any sign of ammonia or nitrite... by the way my lr were fully cured the time i bought them and i do have some crabs and snails there but no cycle appears...

does this mean i can now add one little fish and there will be no cycle because the lr is all ready fully cured??

and i would like to mention that i will put protein skimmer to this tank, hopefully this weekend..

i will try to post some updated pics this weekend

Archived