SaltCritters.com

Shortie's 40 Breeder

Shortie

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks fellas.

I call the top one Roger and the bottom one Billy Bob Joe Jedd Junior the 3rd.

I really don't know the color names. I just thought they looked cool.

I'm going to bust up that button polyp rock I got last week in soon. I'll see if I can get some better pics up tomorrow. If either of you guys wants a frag let me know. I'm pretty sure we could work out a 12oz Shiner trade! I'd be happy to hold you some in my frag tank till you're ready to go Nanoty.

When is the first meeting of the SE Texas 40 Breeder Local 401 anyway?

Thanks fellas.

I call the top one Roger and the bottom one Billy Bob Joe Jedd Junior the 3rd.

I really don't know the color names. I just thought they looked cool.

I'm going to bust up that button polyp rock I got last week in soon. I'll see if I can get some better pics up tomorrow. If either of you guys wants a frag let me know. I'm pretty sure we could work out a 12oz Shiner trade! I'd be happy to hold you some in my frag tank till you're ready to go Nanoty.

When is the first meeting of the SE Texas 40 Breeder Local 401 anyway?

Lol, I'd love a frag of those. We seriously need to start a SETX40B club.

Thanks Cesar!

Glenn- I think Corpus can be considered within the extra territorial jurisdiction of the SETX40B. I tried to find an LFS in the Cypress area for ya, but the only one I found sucked sumo butt. It was B&B on 1960. If you want a challenge you can go there and try to decode the pricing boards. They had plenty of fish, but the invert selection was severely lacking. (not to mention the place looked like crap)

Sorry to hear about your fish. Any idea what happened? I hate it most when something dies and I don't know why.

I really don't know.

He didn't come out this morning which was wierd. He was like having a puppy in the fish tank. He'd come right up to the glass and pretty much be in my face whenever I went near the tank. Anyway, he was just lying on the sand when I got home from work. I questioned both of the cats but neither will roll on the other.

Best free fish ever.

I may have to go down to Galveston and catch another one.

That or take this opportunity to make a more drastic livestock change. I've thought about going no fish for a while, but the coral benefit from the fish feedings. Since I only have a clown and a couple of chromis in there right now I may just add some more chromis and put the clown in the frag tank for a while.

We'll see.

By the way, do you need any fans for your set up Nanoty? I have a few extra that are super quiet if you need them. The kicker is that they are 110v which scares some people. I use em and love em.

Not sure yet but probably once I get the MHs in. What kind of fans, just open or do they affix some way?

So you caught your own blenny huh? That's sweet, I would love to go on some type of collection trip. I keep hoping Glenn will invite me down to dive the Packery Jetties to steal some fish :ninja:

Like this:

2382150658_310eed692f.jpg

My father's plant was going to scrap them so I picked them up. I also got a couple of big blower style fans, but they run kinda loud.

Thanks bdare! You've got a sweet setup.

I can't wait to see an updated FTS on yours.

Yeah Ben's slacking. Sorry to hear about your fish. I thought I was going to lose a clownfish that I've had for a couple years a few nights ago. I was mounting a new frag to the LR and the little fish decided to take a bite out of the superglue on the bottom of the frag. His mouth was glued just about shut for a day. Thankfully he somehow broke free. Now he's back to his normal self.

Yeah Yeah Yeah... I'll TRY to post pictures tonight. I'm going to a buddy's house to watch UFC on Spike tonight. That means the wife will want me to spend time with her before I go out which means less tank / computer time.

Sorry for the hijack....

Here's a shot of the encrusting gorgonia I got as payment for labor the other week. I really don't think I want the thing. I may take a small piece of it.

2384341100_727e7f1ddb.jpg

I put it up for trade on MARSH so we'll see. It's just chillin in the QT anyway.

And another random zoa shot:

2383548293_f33538195a.jpg

I think I'm gonna end up with a zoa garden on the left side of the tank.

I guess I'll have to start calling my coral banded shrimp lefty. It lost its right claw, well not lost, it was holding it with its other claw.

I think it may have tried to dance with the emerald crab.

That or this time it fought its reflection in the glass and lost.

I guess I'll have to start calling my coral banded shrimp lefty. It lost its right claw, well not lost, it was holding it with its other claw.

I think it may have tried to dance with the emerald crab.

That or this time it fought its reflection in the glass and lost.

He ought to regenerate when he molts......

Yeah, I wasn't too worried about it. It was a bit startling to see him carry it around though. I think he was snacking.

Archived