Coral Vue Hydros

Stupid fish

caja

Well, I get up this morning and watch some Good Morning America, eat breakfast, do a little cleaning and then decide to feed the tanks. Eclipse 6, looks good, add a little top off water, drop in a few pellets while the perc does his "hungry, hungry! feed me now!" dance. Over to the 7.5 I go, thinking about the loose mushroom, dangling zoos and basic maintenence I have to do to it today all while dropping in a few pellets and taking stock of how everything looks in there today. Hmmm, no dottyback? He usually comes right out from behind the rocks as soon as you come near the tank. Check behind the rocks on the left, look between the rocks in front, still no fish. Odd. So I look on the right side of the tank and find the stupid fish.

It has taken a great leap of faith into the sump. How it managed to do this is beyond me because there is only maybe an inch or so of room of open space between the main tank and the sump area.???

That's freakin' hysterical.

Glad to hear that he made it okay. I love the look on his face when you snapped the pic.

"Yeah, that's right. I decided to move, okay?"

LITTLEFISHEE

My Rottweiler did something similar yesterday. He jumped through an open window into my new f-150 that I just got on Friday.

My strawberry psuedochromis jumped in my back section 5 days ago. This is the fifth time. So he is still there. I figure that he got himself into that mess he can get out of it.

OMFG that is great...FlyGTI, i completely agree, the expression on that fish is classic, makes it ten times better.

Kind of like when my oscar decided to go skydiving and landed in my water cup.....he wasnt happy

caja et al, my neon dottyback swam from the main tank to the fuge every night. in the outflow tube, up over the space between the tank and the fuge and then down, into the third chamber of the fuge. The first time the fish did this it got stuck and I had to get it out. the second time it did it, stuck again. I slipped my hand in and the dotty actually swam into my hand so I could simply lift it out. by the third time, the fish learned how to go back and forth. I actually considered getting clear tubing so I could see the crafty little bugger go back and forth.

Satch has the dottyback now. Not sure if it learned any new tricks since moving to jersey, other than how to scratch it's arse and tawk wit an accent.

Looks tight in there, Caj: I just had a nightmare getting a red-headed goby out of the firt section of the sump are in my 7 cube. Ended up having to try to siphon him out during a water changem and lost the siphon with less than 1/2" of water left and the fish still in there. So, fill up the chamber again, repeat: 4th time did the trick.

Also had my royal gramma do the same in the overflow of the 65.Nightmare with the durso and return pipes in there. After a few days and starting to get a little skinny, I had Kim hold a net in front of the return tube and popped the durso out: flushed him right down and out.

I put eggcrate over the overflow.

So the idiot fish bouced off it two weeks later and right onto the floor.

oops....and Kim wanted me to re-hydrate the little guy, too. She can be a little twisted in a science-curious kinda way.,

You know, we've all had some pretty dumb fish at one point in time or another. I had an algae blenny that decided that he needed to try and take up residence in my overflow box for my CPR BakPak. For those of you not familiar with the setup, this overflow box is basically attached to the pump that's pushing air and water into the filter unit. He stayed there, underneath the pump, looking insanely retarded. I wish I'd had my V1 to take a picture of it, because y'all would die laughing.

Well, he's still in there. I figured I'd leave him be till tomorrow. He seems quite happy picking at the glass for hydroids and cleaning the bottom. I put a plate over that opening so he doesn't commit fishicide during the night.

Got to unscrew that black intake and see if I can get him to swim back into the main tank through the hole.

Funny! When we go over to look at him in his 3"x3" holding cell, he has the dumbest expression on his face. "Are you gonna help me out here, or what?" Hehehe!

Christopher Marks

Well, I woke up to the same thing this morning. He must have jumped back there during the big thunderstorm last night. And I thought he learned his lesson the first time...

He was a little smarter though, and jumped into the larger portion of the sump :D

Hehe! Poor Chris. :D

When I unscrewed the black intake ino the sump, the fish swam right up and through the hole. Guess he didn't like his time in solitary. Now I keep the lights further back so he can't jump out.

Maybe he's trying to stop something up like in Finding Nemo. The fish are plotting to escape.

But it won't work hahaha . . .

Well...my dumbassgramma took his final midnight carpet surf last week.....poor guy: was about 4 years old and pretty big, too..RIP

mswt5avsfan

HAHA.....good stuff.....i had a few blue crabs from the coast that i had put in my tank do a few magic tricks like that too...

i still to this day dont know how they did it but they made there way through may overflow with prefilter and down through the pipe with durso and into my Tidepools filter tray then out into the sump part of it...

these guys were about an inch and a half across.....and two of them made it down there!!

i thought i had lost them until a couple of weeks later when i was messing around with my pump in the sump and one of the little guys crawled up my arm....bout had a heart attack...:)...hehe

Archived