inTank Media Baskets

5.5g new start

dubsmcfly

i pulled most of it out today cause i feel like it will take over because its caluperla (sp)? and its not so fun. Im looking for a frag pack of palys and zoas which i am having no luck with....o well dont want to rush things

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:tears: So sad man, SO sad.... :( I loved that stuff man! *hicup*

dont worry threw some in the fuge hahaha plus theres still some on the rock dont worry!

14gnano- its a green banded goby, they are alot of fun to have a small little fish, sometimes i feel they are watching me and im not watching them!

That perfectly described mine, till they started breeding. Now they only watch me when they think food might be in the offing...:D

The gbg's are great, im still trying to figure out names for them i want it to be perfect. I thought of solomon for the male the otherday cause we were talking about it in my religion class at school (francsican college). Its so cool how you can see the longer first dorsal spine on the males! Glad i came across your thread that one time about there sex's.

I'm glad to know someone else with a pair of gbgs! Uh oh, I always have trouble when trying to think of "perfect names." The only successful pet names I ever have seem to be those that just come out of nowhere...<_<

Diane- I was thinking the same thing that it was too big. It is really cool, i think you can tell that there is a hint of green on it. It has feeders so maybe it is some type of lps. It is growing quite quick as well with more color improvment each day.

It looks lps to me, too. How cool is that?! Maybe a "cup coral," or Madracis, or Oculina...but can't tell from the pic. Any chance of a closer one? And do you know where the rock's from?

--Diane

really really angry today. DO NOT BUY PUMPS FROM FRAGGLE REEF. i was told they would not rust with cleaning and one has started to. i caught it early so hopefully nothing too bad. Should i just do another water change and how will this affect my tank?

i pulled most of it out today cause i feel like it will take over because its caluperla (sp)? and its not so fun. Im looking for a frag pack of palys and zoas which i am having no luck with....o well dont want to rush things

I'm gonna be selling a bunch of zoas in a week or so if you're interested.

so i know thgis is off topic but my school just won their division so we are going to the ncaa big tournay. I am dancing the night away hahaha. GO SIENA!!!!!!! and i also order a boc from zoanuts....just thought i should add somethign reef related . :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

have not really updated latly but i will soon, i had spring break and it was pretty relaxing. Siena if you had not notice did amazing in the ncaa first round and crushed vanderbelt but today could not come up with anything, just was not our day. I got my BOC order from zoanuts great shippers and pretty nice zoas. I will get some pictures up soon!-Andrew

• 2 months later...

soooo, sorry for not updating for a while my summer has been real busy. I have been at marthas vineyard and wildwood the past month without my tank. My mom has been topping it off and feeding the 2 gobies. i came back a day to do a 2 gallon water change as well. I am finally back home and FINALLY got some pictures. All my zoas have multiplied like crazy and my ric has now seperated into 3. Well here are the pics.

FTS

DSC01270.jpg

Some Zoas

DSC01271.jpg

Zoa lawn

DSC01272.jpg

Ric that split into 3 (sorry bout the pic not so well)

DSC01273.jpg

going to lfs tomorrow cause weekends mean specials, hopefully get something nice but usually they have nothing to nice. i want to get rid of my aipista so i kinda wanna get a perppermint shrimp but we will see.-Andrew

Yesterday my 14k bulb looked really red so i switched it out for the 20k i have had sitting around. Its not burned in yet so i dont know hoe it looks completly yet. Going to fish store today since its new shipment day for them plus i have to head out that way anyway. Hopefully new pics tonight if i pic up anything new.

Edit- Nothing good at the lfs was thinking about a cleaner shrimp they just look like they are having a ball all the time.

• 1 month later...

So i moved into my apt and the move went well. Everything survived and now you can see both sides of the tank! I also got a new camera that goes underwater!!!! Sorry no pics yet but soon once i am satisfied with everything.- Andrew

Those zoas are amazing. If you ever want to get rid of some, let me know ;).

I don't know if cleaner shrimp deal with aipista, but they are so much fun. I had peppermint shrimp before. They were pretty skittish and just hung out in one little cave. Maybe you get one to control the aipista, then go trade him in for a cleaner.

I love the macro, I wish the lfs sold rocks like that

I love the macro too! there is this new red macro that is kind of taking over so it needs a good trim along with the caulerpa (sp)

Im looking to get some rare zoas or some other item that sticks out but i cannot find one yet that has jumped out at me and not a million dollars since college funds are tight...bummmer

so i finished painting my new room and decided to take pictures of the tank! i haven't really gotten everything how i want it from the move except the rock-work which is similar to before just a bigger cavern for the fish in which they made a home... The sunpod will soon be hanging from my loft bed which sits over my desk...pretty cool! Don't worry im getting a new top built for it as i'm sick of this scrap acrylic enough talk here you go

When walking into the room

P8120054.jpgMy desk

P8120055.jpg

When sitting at my desk hard at work this is the view..

P8120056.jpg

Door view

P8120057.jpg

Hope you like!-Andrew

my room is not sideways it just wont let me turn the stupid thing! haha

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Whoa! Old thread! Yeah dubs, how are things going with this?

Hey everyone! I ended up taking down this tank, zook on here got my livegoods, he has amazing tanks btw... but anyway I now have a 2.5 aio that I have had running since jan 1st. I will start a thread soon on here.Tank is not at its best now since my powerhead died? and things are not where they were before. I'm running a HOB filter as of now until i find a new pump that fits the rear chamber.

Archived