inTank Media Baskets

Flow for my 5.5

beeker

Alright, i'll just layout the basic's

Right now i run an aquaclear 50 along with a aquaclear 20 powerhead on my 5.5, my sps love the flow on the left side of the tank where the 50 is, but on the right side of the tank it seems that i get some dead flow towards the back of my tank because i can only aim the AC 20 in 3 ways and it points at the front of the glass now,

waste just seems to settle in places i can't get too behind my LR ontop of the sand, do i need to worry about it?

i don't want to have to take my LR out once a month to clean the sand, is there a better way to get the waste up and out?

i siphon the sand i can get too when i do water changes, but is the leftover waste taken care of with just nasariuss snails and water changes?

or should i add another AC 50 on the right side and try to get more flow to suspend it better?

I don't mind some waste but it seems my CuC doesen't stir the sand to cover it up very often

well i went ahead and put 2 aquaclear 50's on the back of the tank and got rid of the AC 20 powerhead, stuff stays suspended a lot longer and my SPS seem to love the intense random flow even more...though i'm not sure if my torch will...i guess i'll see in a few days if i likes the spot i moved it too last night

if it doesen't look good in the next few days i'll take it back to the LFS and get some store credit for credit for some more Zoa's or SPS frags =)

Archived